Is there a U2 album that you wouldn't replace if the disc was broken ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Canadiens1160 said:
Well, there's something called the Disc Doctor, where you basically crank this thing around that scrubs a tiny layer off the bottom of your CD, resurfacing the disc and eliminating the scratch on it.

On a CD there is quite a bit of plastic underneath the layer that contains the data/music. In fact, I believe scratches to the top of the disc can be worse than those done to the bottom.

Thanks!

Since I have all the albums ripped onto iTunes, I probably wouldn't bother replacing any of them unless something happened to my computer. If that catastrophe were to occur, I think I would abstain from replacing ATYCLB.

ahmad said:
I'm interested in Indra said - about being a "casual fan." It seems as though a casual fan wouldn't post on a U2 forum. I don't mean this as an attack, or critique - because, I partly know where he's coming from. I can't say I'm as nuts about U2 as I was maybe 10, 12 years ago... but still, this band has its hooks in me. It's an odd thing, isn't it?

I started posting on this board because I was bored and also to see if my interest in U2 would be piqued.

...well the interest didn't get rekindled, but I enjoy the board. Plus I mostly post in non U2 sections.

Oh, and no offense taken. :)

Dear me, Indra, all this time I thought you were a "she" not a "he" :ohmy:

:wink:

As for the topic at hand, I've got the first 6 albums on vinyl, no plans to buy the cds. And if HTDAAB melts in the car, don't think I'll rush out any time soon.

You know what, I lost my October CD and didn't replace it for over a year.

So then having purchased a replacement, I found the 'lost' one pretty soon afterwards. Ha ha.

Anyway October is not one of my favourites so if I replaced that one, I'd probably replace any of the others.

However I only have Under a Blood Red Sky on cassette and have no plans to buy a CD version any time soon, given that's it's mainly live versions of stuff I already have.

Last edited:
i sat on my copy of joshua tree and broke the case :|
but that was at least 4-5 years ago and i haven't replaced it yet. the disc is fine so whatever.

i'd replace any of the albums if the discs broke/started skipping.

blueeyedgirl said:
Dear me, Indra, all this time I thought you were a "she" not a "he" :ohmy:

:wink:

oops! forgot to make that correction. :ohmy:

I did actually pick the name indra (a minor hindu god) to make people think I was a guy. Sometimes I like to mess with people. :D

indra said:

I did actually pick the name indra (a minor hindu god) to make people think I was a guy. Sometimes I like to mess with people. :D

But... Indra is a female name in India! :eyebrow: :wink:

Zootlesque said:

But... Indra is a female name in India! :eyebrow: :wink:

But I was going for the god. I figure if you're going to pick a name for yourself, make it a god (or goddess). :yes:

Actually I just thought it sounded cool. Kinda mysterious. (and a hell of a lot shorter than miloguidosmom, which is my name on the Church board) :)

My Joshua Tree is starting to make weird noises on Streets... :sad: :sad:

I might take a while to replace AB, Boy (the production is just so dated that I really enjoy bootlegs more) and ATYCLB just because I don't listen to them very often.

Canadiens1160 said:
Well, there's something called the Disc Doctor, where you basically crank this thing around that scrubs a tiny layer off the bottom of your CD, resurfacing the disc and eliminating the scratch on it.

On a CD there is quite a bit of plastic underneath the layer that contains the data/music. In fact, I believe scratches to the top of the disc can be worse than those done to the bottom.
I used one of those a while ago. I must have done it wrong, as it completely killed my CD. It was really quite tragic.

As for the topic of the thread, I would have to go with ATYCLB.
I love it and everything, but I just can't see myself replacing it as quick as I would The Unforgettable Fire or Pop.

Don't know, probably ATYCLB, RNH, AB.
I don't listen to cd's that much except in the car, and I feel I've already paid for them once.

indra said:
Actually I don't have any of their albums on cd -- never got around to replacing the LPs/cassettes. While I do pop in a cassette once in a while, I doubt I will ever pick up the cd versions. :reject:

(as you can tell, I'm a pretty casual fan now. :uhoh: wasn't always the case, but it is now and I don't see that changing much)

I don't know about that last comment Indra... if you were more of a fanatic, you probably WOULD have the CD's already, along with CD singles, etc. In fact, one might argue that because you have LP's, which are now rare, you're a bigger fan than the person who just gets the CD's.

I'm also stunned that anyone who's heard these last two albums wouldn't be a fan. There's not only a throw-back to what's considered the "classic" U2 sound - resulting in some of U2's best work ever - but there's also a push forward with songs like "Fast Cars" and "Love and Peace". I can get if some don't love these recent albums as much as some past work, but that holds true in some capacity for every fan. For example, I was never really a fan of JT - and that is often considered U2's best album! I put JT at the lower end of my U2 albums, but that didn't turn me away from still being a fanatic, like this recent work seems to have done for you. :shrug:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I only own about half of the U2 albums anyway. I mean, I've got them all downloaded and burned, but hardly have any "official" copies. I've always thought the price of CDs is absolutely rediculous and I won't make exceptions, even for U2. :shrug:

Poor attitude for someone with 7000+ posts on a U2 messageboard. I mean FFS they're not that dear. Most of my music is downloaded but I still had no qualms about buying all their officially released material. It's what differentiates casual U2 fans from real U2 fans.

Wait, if Indra's not a guy - then who's the guy with the beard?

I'm Indian, by the way - and your name is pretty confusing.

-Mr. Mary Magdalene

ahmad said:
Wait, if Indra's not a guy - then who's the guy with the beard?

I'm Indian, by the way - and your name is pretty confusing.

-Mr. Mary Magdalene

Mary Magdalene? :lol:

The guy with the beard is from her favoritestttttt band in the whole world, The Church. :p

I'm not sure if the poster herself is Indian. But I am. :wave:

liamcool said:

Oh, my hearing is fine, it's probably better than yours, considering that most average people can't tell the difference between most notes most of the time...no diss to you, but I'd like to think my hearing is perfectly fine...

:|

I'm not as average as you'd like to assume

and I am sure your hearing is just fine

:wink: I was just shocked thats all.

I LOST The Unforgettable Fire 2 years ago and I still haven't replaced...

also, I've never bought October :|

but I will... eventually :reject:

I've had to replaced War, JT, UF, and just recently the dvd from the limited edition of HTDAAB came up missing.

I replaced it with the deluxe version this time. (less expensive)

Even though I have everything and more on my computer, I just like having the cd's/dvd's..
I'm funny that way.

I'd replace them all for completion's sake.

But I wouldn't run to the store to get October...

Back
Top Bottom