Is there a music video for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
MOFO
In God's Country
One Tree Hill
WGRYWH
Angel of Harlem
Bad
LNOE
ANything off the October Album

Well?

--Thanks

------------------
*You could have flown away, a singing bird in an open cage who will only fly, only fly for freedom*

MOFO - yes
In God's Country - yes
One Tree Hill - live from R&H
WGRYWH - yes (who's gonna... sicy)
Angel of Harlem - yes
Bad - live from R&H
LNOE - yep
Anything off the October Album - Gloria, and A Celebration (not really October, but that era)

[This message has been edited by Dorian Gray (edited 11-27-2001).]

There is another version of a Bad video on the Unforgettable Fire video. Some footage of them touring and performing it etc., etc.

I've downloaded most of those off Kazaa...
Except for Mofo and Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses...

you don't want to see the Last Night on Earth vid

it smells

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

There's a video for Mofo?!? What's it look like?
In God's country/One tree hill videos?!? What do they look like?

And i only saw bits of Who's gonna ride...video. Black and white, lots of Bono, Sweetest thing.

Angel of Harlem is the one where Bono is sitting alone in a theatre, with his R&H hat on, right? Only saw bits of that too.

Yup, LNOE video doesn't do anything for me either, Salome.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-28-2001).]

Damnit!!! I wanna see all these videos NOW!!!

Next time they do a U2 day on VH1, I want Mofo in there!!!

Btw, thanks Bonochicky for the LNOE video.
biggrin.gif

------------------
A vampire or a victim
It depends on who's around

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:

Btw, thanks Bonochicky for the LNOE video.
biggrin.gif

No problem, April! I was happy to share my U2 wealth!
smile.gif

Besides, you've always been so good about sharing your manwhore...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

The video to In God's Country is pretty cool. From what I recall, it's only Bono singing interspersed with video clips from various parts of American history. Immigrant children, the industrial revolution, progress and the good and bad things it brings. That sort of thing. Fits the song. Anyone remember more?

-sula

LNOE is a cool video.
with bono kicking the dead person, hehehe and burroughs at the end as the 'lite'

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

Ok, that bites. I haven't seen videos for Mofo, LNOE or In God's Country (unless it's on the Greatest Hits Video), There is a video for One Tree Hill that's not from Rattle & Hum. It's on the Greatest Hits video, but I can't remember what it's like.... And here's a question- how come on the Greatest Hit's video they cut off Ali on The Sweetest Thing??? I have seen versions where they show her at the end... Grrrr
mad.gif

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

I really don't think there's a video for Mofo, but I'd love for someone to prove me wrong.

oop.. you're right Angel.. I meant to say that One Tree Hill is from Rattle & Hum era... when they were filming the movie on the JT tour. bleh

I never caught all of Mofo, and I forget where I saw it, but it does exist!
biggrin.gif
(I think I saw it during an episode of Muchmusic's Ego's and Icons on U2)
but I do remember scenes of the band in front of a brick wall dancing or something. It was in black and white.

i've seen the remix video for MOFO that you mentioned, but i've also seen one where they are recording the song-i believe it shows howie b. quite a bit, does anyone remember that?

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

Wow, I want to see all of these!!!! Luckily I have a copy of 'In God's Country' - you're right Sula, it's Bono on his guitar singing, interspersed with various scenes of historic and modern Americana. Many of the scenes are the same ones that you can see in the 'Making of JT' video...I didn't even realize they were part of the IGC video till someone sent me a copy of it. Spanish Eyes is the same way, lots of 'making of JT' clips in that one as well....

The website U2wanderer.org lists ALL of the music and videos U2 has ever put out...they've done something like 200 videos, but have only released about 1/4 to 1/3 of them "to the public" where you might be able to tape it off MTV or VH1...

Disco

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
The video to In God's Country is pretty cool. From what I recall, it's only Bono singing interspersed with video clips from various parts of American history. Immigrant children, the industrial revolution, progress and the good and bad things it brings. That sort of thing. Fits the song. Anyone remember more?

-sula

Originally posted by U2girl:
There's a video for Mofo?!? What's it look like?
In God's country? What do they look like?

Mofo: the video was directed by Maurice Linnane (also Miss Sarajevo).Its safe to say its a highlight from the POPmart.With the best of the screen with best of Bono with 3 shots of the other members, plus a few crowd waves.However the video is of one of the remixes.The video is visually stunning and gives a good vibe.Lots of action.

In Gods Country:Shows U2 in the lesser known parts of America (I dont know how politically correct is that).Some scenes of band hitch hiking,Bono driving a truck etc.

------------------
I began to understand Indian Sadhus and and the begging bowls of the Hindu Priests that get dignity out of the way.And that maybe humility is the eye of the needle that we all have to pass through.-- Bono

All that you reason
ALL THIS THAT

Does anyone remember the video for Last Night on Earth, I mean

4 brave men
One old cat
one deserted Kansas City
One truck full of LeMoNs
One out of sorts army General
One Sophie Dahl
One William S Burrough
One Helluva Hillarious Video
+ the worst extras ever

The truth is really out there
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
I began to understand Indian Sadhus and and the begging bowls of the Hindu Priests that get dignity out of the way.And that maybe humility is the eye of the needle that we all have to pass through.-- Bono

All that you reason
ALL THIS THAT

[This message has been edited by ishkash (edited 11-28-2001).]

Originally posted by ishkash:
Does anyone remember the video for Last Night on Earth
I do,
I wish I didn't though

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by ishkash:
In Gods Country:Shows U2 in the lesser known parts of America (I dont know how politically correct is that).Some scenes of band hitch hiking,Bono driving a truck etc.

You sure that's not the video for Spanish Eyes? I could be wrong...haven't seen either in a while.

Last week Channel [v] had U2 weekend, where they showed hell lot of videos.Regarding that Mofo in the studio, yeah thats a performance video, usually this station credits the director but no director was credited for this studio ver. of Mofo.Yeah the video is there and I remember seeing it last week.

Sula,
Hi

I think Discoteque cleared a lot fo things, thnanks.

But last week I have seen these video, directed by one person, but diefinately a video with band performance and black and white sketches of the band.

Electric Co.
A Day Without Me

I dont know if they were released commercially (to stations) but they definately looked like a 'proper' video.Maybe Channel V has access to rare U2 stuff.

------------------

All that you reason
ALL THIS THAT

I have a version of One Tree Hill off of Morpheus...it;s at a concert...crowd sounds minimal, Bono says at the beginning "This is for Greg Carroll".....but there's these large annoying time-elapsed numbers at the bottom of the screen. Is this the right video?

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
I have a version of One Tree Hill off of Morpheus...it;s at a concert...crowd sounds minimal, Bono says at the beginning "This is for Greg Carroll".....but there's these large annoying time-elapsed numbers at the bottom of the screen. Is this the right video?

that is the same version that is on the 'best of' video collection. for some strange reason they left it as raw footage with the counters and all.

------------------
but everybody wanna live
don't nobody really wanna die
you feelin' me, right?
fred durst

Back
Top Bottom