Is the U2 Membership value for money?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. If one can buy tickets through exclusive pre-sales, then it's worth it. What I didn't like last time was when the pre-sale passwords that we got from U2 ended up being shared by radio stations across the country. Kinda defeated the purpose if you ask me.

Are members likely to get priority tickets for the floor though, cos that's where I like to go. I saw Elevation tour twice, once in seats and once on the floor, and the floor was ten times better.

If we don't get priority on the floor, then Ill take my chance on the first day of sale

I read that now with this tour, the diary part will also be for members only, whereas is was accessable to everybody before (with previous tours).:|

I liked Willy's diary a lot.

Isn't the $40 price tag twice that of what Propaganda cost? One thing that irks me about priority tickets and the $40 cost is that it stinks of the same concept as seat licensing for pro-sports... I hope the ticket prices have gone down from the golden circle and $80 price tags (please don't mention GA admission as an excuse).

Generally "priority ticketing" with these Fan Fire online fan clubs means access to presale passwords, not necessarily the quality of seats Prop used to guarantee.
Nobody knows for sure what we'll get for $40 till it happens, so its kind of a blind gamble.

You know, I'm surprised there isn't the outcry over this that there was over the i-tunes ad. I love U2, and I hope they do something cool with the fans money, but I've seen things like this done with other bands (stones) and it was a total crock. You were nearly better off just trying to get tickets from Ticketmaster. Here's hoping U2 takes the high road.

I'm a bit surprised as well tkramer, cause it appears to me that the fanclub has been turned over to an online fan club website which handles many other bands, and what I know of them is not good...no personal service like you got from Prop, and like I stated above, the only ticketing advantage you get is a presale password which guarantees you nothing.
For some other bands they have done packages for good seats and meeting bands etc., but the costs were sky high.(like $1000 per person for a seat in first 5 rows and a backstage photo op for Kiss for example), though I doubt you'd see U2 doing that type of thing.

I'm taking the priority ticket offer with a large pinch of salt. I'm joining, but i'm not assuming that it neceassarily guarantees great tickets, although I sure hope it does.

I don't know... it just seems to be alot of payout recently with U2. But it's fine. Ultimiately, it's my choice to waste my money on certain things.

it's often hit or miss with online fanclubs..

Metallica and Linkin Park fanclubs both had exclusive pre-sales where members got access to ALL tickets before anyone else...

each also offered decent gifts, not sure about Metallica, but LP had a T-Shirt, a CD every couple of months, and some other junk like photos and posters

both also gave about 50 or so members a chance to a meet & greet with the band just before the show in their respective cities.

Metallica was about $80 CAD for the club, while LP was $35

So I really hope U2 don't drop the ball here

The independently run fan clubs are usually beneficial to the fans, I'm a long time member of Pearl Jam's 10 club, they handle their own fan club ticketing and do get the best seats and prioritize by seniority...I've had 2nd row from them 3 times and other excellent seats as well.
Prop used to do similarly well for us.
The problem here is that this appears that U2/Prop/whoever farmed out the fan club to Signatures Networks/Fan Fire which handles lots of bands with impersonal service and very little bang for your buck historically.

beau2ifulday said:
I'm taking the priority ticket offer with a large pinch of salt. I'm joining, but i'm not assuming that it neceassarily guarantees great tickets, although I sure hope it does.

My thoughts exactly. Figured I'd join anyway. 40 bucks for a year isn't a great loss. Although my concern is there seems to be so much publicity about registering at u2.com for "pre-sale" opportunites ( I heard it was in the sleeve of the Vertigo single to register) that when the time of the presale does come, it will probably be just as hard to get through as it is on a onsale to the general public date which means we either won't get through at all or the presale will be over very quickly. I say the presale should only be for Interferencers.

Back
Top Bottom