is the u2 ipod worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have seen so many ppl here say theirs died after like 3 months. No way would I invest that much money in it.

Y2K said:
Welcome to the digital age!!

:shifty:

I know it's not like a cassette, but even in cd's there are loss of quality. So you're telling me that I don't to have to worry when I'm working on hard drives?

Azor said:

:shifty:

I know it's not like a cassette, but even in cd's there are loss of quality. So you're telling me that I don't to have to worry when I'm working on hard drives?

An MP3 is a compressed file, but, depending on the bitrate you rip songs at, it its virtually impossible to tell the difference between the CD and the MP3.

U2Kitten said:
I have seen so many ppl here say theirs died after like 3 months. No way would I invest that much money in it.

I've had mine since November with no problems, even after it took a nasty fall earlier this year. Best gift I've ever received.

Same here. Had mine since last November. Probably use it for and hour a day (seriously). The important thing to keep in mind is to plug it in when ever possible when you want to use it. Only use the battery when you have to.

Can't wait to go color next year.

U2Kitten said:

That's because you only hear about the problems (which happens to all iPods and mp3 players in general). Mine still works beautifully.

i've had mine for almost a year. i did have some minor problems with it...it would freeze occasionally...but i just took it to the apple store and it was because i stored corrupted data files (i use my ipod as an external hard drive also). problem fixed. otherwise, it works great. battery life is good too.

i love my ipod, but i notice that scratches are much more noticeable on the black surface.

you should also consider that you are paying an extra $30 bucks compared to a regular 20GB. it might be worth it if you plan on getting "The Complete U2" from iTunes, but if you already have everything that U2 has ever recorded then i don't know.

i doubt i'll get another u2 ipod...i'll probably get a nano or shuffle or whatever new generation of ipod there will be in the future.

beau2ifulday said:

Yeah. I've spoken to various Apple-connected people too, and none of them are of the opinion that it's going to be released with higher memory :shrug:

That's a shame...I'd totally go for a 40. I don't really need a 60 but I wouldn't mind that either.

Yeah, the scratches are more noticable on the black. I've put mine in a case since day one and I still have a million scratches :huh: need to get me some iPod cleaner...

Mine's nearly full, and have reached the point where it's too hard deciding what to take off to make room for new stuff.

I actually had a serious conversation with myself about whether or not I should save up money for a 40GB. Or a second iPod to store all the U2 stuff or something. :huh:

corianderstem said:

I actually had a serious conversation with myself about whether or not I should save up money for a 40GB. Or a second iPod to store all the U2 stuff or something. :huh:

Yeah I've thought about having an iPod entirely devoted to U2 and another for all my other music :huh: but if I did that I couldn't make playlists with U2 and other bands, and that would suck.

Yep, I've had that same thought. I'd put my favorite U2 songs on both, but keep everything else on the other one.

But god, that just sounds complicated, doesn't it? I should just go for a bigger Pod.

corianderstem said:
Mine's nearly full, and have reached the point where it's too hard deciding what to take off to make room for new stuff.

I am having a serious conversation with my self right now about whether to find the funds to invest in this new iPod, or whether to hold out with the hope U2 continues their Vertigo tour and hits a stadium or two I can get to.....spend the money on THAT. Hmmmmmmm......decisions, decisions! :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom