is the IRA included in the "wiping out terrorism" campaign?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
my apologies if someone else has already brought this up, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else

either way, I would like to hear Bono's comments on this one!

We wouldn't bomb causcasions.

And there is no reason for us to go after the IRA anyway. They haven't done anything to us.

besides the large irish american population and people who finance them who reside in the us and who happen to be the real terrorist sympathisers... oh the hypocracies of the "war on terrorism" la di fuckin da

I mean, that's a pretty bold fucking statement to blame terrorism in Northern Ireland on American "sympathisers," and I am sure none of them are straight out of Belfast either...

i demand an apology - i said terrorist sympathisers who reside in the us.. did not say americans and did not blame the terrorism on americans.. what proof of the weapons shipments and financial contributions from american soil do you need? I am not good at digging up this stuff but i'm sure documentation and reports of this exist and are readily available if you were really interested in the situation.

This is the 2nd time u have tried put words in others' mouths and I would recomend you read carefully what people write b4 responding... blind fury is one thing but this is verging on the rediculous.

You wanted arguments why the us won't wage their war on the IRA also.. you have them, then again you might want to reach deeper into this non american conflict and examine the implications of splinter groups such as the "real IRA" and apply your findings to the situation in the middle east.

and I'm not the one who made these accusations, YOU ARE, I don't feel the need to PROVE anything at all, I merely called you on your accusations, if you are going to make accusastions like that, you ought to be able to back them up

--------
I want to live, breath...
I want to be part of the human race

then let me be the man here and apologise for my omitting some punctuation and a few words..

besides the large irish american population, there are also those people who finance them who reside in the us (and who happen to be the real terrorist sympathisers...) oh the hypocracies of the "war on terrorism" la di fuckin da

i called sympathisers those who financed them whereas the large american-rish population is why the us won't in the foreseeable future bomb the ira

and those weren't my accusations but relaying others'.. people in position that are are in far greater position to comment than either of us.. I didn't believe you to be so ignorant of international affairs as not to know of such financial contributions or are you just arguing for argument's sake?

perhaps you might wish to watch irish news channels and british news channels if that were at all possible

fair enough.. just don't get upset at any answers to questions you pose :p

have a good sleep

i gave reasons whyt the US would not bomb the ira. the reasons for the n.ireland conflict are too many, too blurred and extremly delicate. Culpability is something that is extremly difficult to identify especially since it's a matter of opinion - and this may yet again be analogous to the middle eastern conflict.

And america should be thanked for their contribution to the peace processes in both the the irish conflict and the middle east. However you still have to account for the bigger picture and question everything. That's how real democracies work.. making sure those who u placed your trust in are in the end worthy of that trust and are able to challenge them and ask questions without suffering any sort of reprisal.

ok, I'll be sure to do that! *wonders why he never thought of that before*

before I go for the day, I will mention one thing, cause it's something about what you said in your last sentence...

during the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon Tuesday, a group of "sympathizers" rejoiced in the streets not far from the World Trade Center, there reactions were filmed and broadcast throught the country along with images of the attacks themselves, and the aftermath of those attacks; what is my point you say? well, this also happened in other areas of the country, those people still lives in the United States, they can go out again and do it tomorrow if they so please, in fact they might do just that! My initial reaction was a one of resentment and outrage, but then I thought about it for a second and just shook my head and said to myself, "that's america"

so bush gonna bomb america for harbouring sympathisers u reckon? (don't u love semantics and pedantancy?)

please note that pedantancy might very well not exist in the english dictionary.. if it does please lemme know...

*forgot to ask mib to back up his claims that the irish conflict's culpability lay with the british parties*
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom