Is Levitate fucking awesome or what!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yes:

Why didn't that make ATYCLB, along with Summer rain and Are you gonna wait forever traded for POE, WILATW and Grace?

I love Levitate. I've had so many good experiences listening to that song. And yes, it's a very good driving song, particularly when the first "levitaaaaaaaaate" coincides with going around a nice broad curve.
I think the most amazing time I had listening to it was once was while out to dinner with my parents and a friend of theirs. The after-meal conversation was beginning to bore me, and the restaurant was very noisy. I slipped my iPod on, and played Levitate. As the music built up, the world and all its noise was just slowly drowned out in the most amazing way.
Levitate is a very joyous song :)

"Levitate" would be great in ATYCLB (I made once a ATYCLB tracklist where I put this and TGBHF and different running order) and if fits great. It would be a great show opener too, before Elevation and BD.

Levitate is one of the few semi-recent U2 songs that has an enjoyable bass line. When Adam kicks in at the end, it's just great.

U2girl said:
:yes:

Why didn't that make ATYCLB, along with Summer rain and Are you gonna wait forever traded for POE, WILATW and Grace?

I think Are You Gonna Wait Forever is from the Atomic Bomb era. And I wouldn't trade WILATW for anything.

But I absolutely agree with Summer Rain replacing one of the only two duds on ATYCLB, Peace On Earth and Grace.

Hmm, I never really got into this song at all, maybe I'll have to listen to it again.

I like Levitate, but I never really got the love for it. It's decent, sounds unfinished. Could have possibly been album worthy if reworked (especially lyrically, obviously), but I don't think it's better than anything from ATYCLB :shrug:

it's a nice song though :wink:

What about Flower Child? I think that's a wonderful song. It deserved to be a b-side at the very least. Just listening to Levitate now and realosed that it has the same line as the 'Baby's head' line of Miracle Drug!

Last edited:
Chizip said:
Hmm, I never really got into this song at all, maybe I'll have to listen to it again.

Chiz, listen to it from 2:18 onwards! With earphones preferably because Adam's bass and Edge's phaser get drowned out otherwise. Ignore Bono's lyrics. Then it's good.

redkat said:
^
It's one of those songs that sounds much better on my ipod

Definitely. :up:

I actually can't stand to listen to anything without headphones. You miss so much with computer and stereo speakers (unless you've a surround sound system set up.)

I love 90% of Levitate.

That weird, clangy part in the middle is somewhat disturbing to me, however.

I know I'm really asking for it, but am I just that unhip or is that section basically unfinished?

PopDaisy said:
I love 90% of Levitate.

That weird, clangy part in the middle is somewhat disturbing to me, however.

I know I'm really asking for it, but am I just that unhip or is that section basically unfinished?

That's the best part of the song. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom