Is Johnny Greenwood (Radiohead) better than the Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
xaviMF22 said:

well whatever music they make

it sure sucks :yuck:

:wink:

I'm sure we can at least agree on one thing: it's better than Larry Mullen's tastes! :wink:

Axver said:

I'm sure we can at least agree on one thing: it's better than Larry Mullen's tastes! :wink:

I actually have never listened to Dream theater album..but I loved their cover of Dark Side of the Moon :drool: :drool:

and what does Larry Mullen listen to?

xaviMF22 said:

I actually have never listened to Dream theater album..but I loved their cover of Dark Side of the Moon :drool: :drool:

and what does Larry Mullen listen to?

:up:

Larry Mullen enjoys Westlife and trashed Passengers. :tsk:

xaviMF22 said:

radiohead have a song in 5/4

beat that sucka:grumpy:

and bloc party's guitar player is Jonny Greenwood lite :wink:

you misunderstand my intention/../../// i too am not entranced by so-called 'artists' such as 'dream theatre'

their name suggests magnificence, but they have no connection with the surrounding dimensions...

russel lissack is not greenwood. you judge by appearence, not sound...//...))(inthenditisoursoulsthatwillbejudged(())//>,

AtomicBono said:

you misunderstand my intention/../../// i too am not entranced by so-called 'artists' such as 'dream theatre'

their name suggests magnificence, but they have no connection with the surrounding dimensions...

russel lissack is not greenwood. you judge by appearence, not sound...//...))(inthenditisoursoulsthatwillbejudged(())//>,

actually I heard Lissack is big on Jonny..and I can hear influences

http://www.veen.com/greg/archives/000721.html

I mean who isn't ? :wink:

and Jonny by far has the better hair :drool: :drool:

both rock though:rockon:

xaviMF22 said:

actually I heard Lissack is big on Jonny..and I can hear influences

he is indeed an influence

this is because radiohead invented music

all music is influenced by radiohead

You guys, THIS is the topic:

Jdelbove said:
Is Johnny Greenwood a better player than the Edge? Who is a better guitar player overal. Who is better technicaly. Who is more inovative. Who is more of a sophisticated player. Who has a better sound. I am interested to hear what the musicians here have to say who know more about the guitar. What do u guys think.

I have been listening to and discovering Radiohead and have been very impressed with their music. Both older and newer music. Harder rocking albums and more classic sound albums like The Bends seem to be inovative musicaly as Greenwoods guitar playing never sounds like cliche rock guitar. I feel like I am betraying U2 because lately the thought has crossed my mind thay maybe Radiohead is better than U2.

I think this thread has veered off course enough, so please get back on topic, or I don't think this thread needs to remain.

Who?? Ask yerself this....which of the two being compared will still be written about in 20 yrs? I havent even heard of the radiohead dude to be honest!

CrownVCJ said:
this is my ode to greenwood's sucient genius, and sums up my arguement to his spiritual/technical/existentialestial superiority over the edge.

greenwoodby4.jpg

I retract my above opinion.......................never seen anyone playing a guitar with a violin bow before, so radiohead guy wins..............why couldnt Jimmy Paige have thought of that:wink:

Canadiens1160 said:
penis penis penis penis penis

Not only is posting stuff like that completely pointless and can be considered trolling in a thread, it went against the request from a moderator to get a thread back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom