Is it Ok to hate Are YOu Gonna Wait Forever?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems like it coulkd be a really good song, but it feels like theres not much enthusiasm behind the whole thing, but I think with some re-working it could have been good..

I think it's a pretty bad song too. I think I got spoiled by all the good b-sides during JT/R&H/AB.

ok. well in that case, you're entitled to your opinion. Just remember; this is U2 we're talking about. I find it difficult to despise anything that they do, especially AYGWF. You're right. The song lacks the smoothness and completeness that are found in most U2 songs. But it is still a good song. U2 throw-away songs are much better than the crap they play on mtv/radio today.

You have a point, boosterjuice... I'd rather they'd produce this than say "Lose It" By Eminem but it's below standard for u2, especially with the quality of the album, but it's only my opinion so other people can differ!!!!!!!

i like the guitar work, but dont really like the vocals and lyrics by Bono, kind of uninspired. Good song overall, but b-side material for sure.

Not like Mercy :wink:

I think it's perfectly fair. I wouldn't say I hate it, but I don't really like it all that much. Definitely doesn't belong on the album in the least.

It's average, a decent B-side.
Better than Summer Rain or Big Girls, not as good as Always.

And it's not on the same planet as Mercy, IMO.
I like Fast Cars, Levitate and Smile better also.

I have to agree with Mark & Macphisto23. I like this song quite a bit. But, since there is not too much this band does musically that I do not like my opinion may be skewed a bit.

Its a great b side i reckon, i'll remember it for bono's voice which showcases something we havent really heard before.

jick said:
It's much better than Holy Joe, or even the ATYCLB B-sides for that matter.
Better than Holy Joe? I don't think so.

Better than the ATYCLB B-sides? Definitely (except for Big Girls Are Best. I’ve got a soft spot for that song.)

Better than at least half of ATYCLB? I think a strong case could be made.

Peace and Love,

Andrew

Yeah, it's ok to hate AYGWF though it's a great BSide.

Here it's NOT ok to hate ATYCLB and HTDAAB, capisce? You can hate Zooropa and Pop, but not ATYCLB and HTDAAB cause those 2 last records are "U2 sounding like U2" and "very mature albums that deal with life/death" and they are "U2 reconciled with U2 and it's 80's fans after the failure that was Pop."

U2_Guy said:
Yeah, it's ok to hate AYGWF though it's a great BSide.

Here it's NOT ok to hate ATYCLB and HTDAAB, capisce? You can hate Zooropa and Pop, but not ATYCLB and HTDAAB cause those 2 last records are "U2 sounding like U2" and "very mature albums that deal with life/death" and they are "U2 reconciled with U2 and it's 80's fans after the failure that was Pop."
That's a bit random.

Back
Top Bottom