Is it just me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flybabe

Blue Crack Addict
I absolutely do not,like live versions of U2 songs...Bono does not sing the words right,they twik it a little...and I know that is what makes live played songs great...but i like the studio versions better...and the only song I do like played is Mofo live from Mexico.
anyone with me?

FB

Yeah, it's just you.

I can see not liking one or two live versions......but to have it the other way around?? To only like one single live version?? :coocoo:

Methinks you need a copy of "The Bang & The Clatter", the greatest live U2 compilation ever! Compiled by none other than legendary interferencer Jick. :bow:

1. Hold Me Thrill Me - Dec 3, 97
2. One Tree Hill - Dec 26, 89
3. I Still Haven't Found - Sep 23, 97
4. Stay - Nov 27, 93
5. All I Want Is You - Dec 30, 89
6. Bad - Apr 29, 87
7. SBS - Dec 3, 97
8. Please - Dec 3, 97
9. RTSS Aug 28, 93
10. WOWY Apr 29, 87
11. LIB Nov 27, 93
12. Can't Help Falling... Aug 28, 93

This is the collection that opened my eyes to live U2! :love:

ETA: Even the crowd noise is all nicely segued in that collection. :drool:

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
Methinks you need a copy of "The Bang & The Clatter", the greatest live U2 compilation ever! Compiled by none other than legendary interferencer Jick. :bow:

1. Hold Me Thrill Me - Dec 3, 97
2. One Tree Hill - Dec 26, 89
3. I Still Haven't Found - Sep 23, 97
4. Stay - Nov 27, 93
5. All I Want Is You - Dec 30, 89
6. Bad - Apr 29, 87
7. SBS - Dec 3, 97
8. Please - Dec 3, 97
9. RTSS Aug 28, 93
10. WOWY Apr 29, 87
11. LIB Nov 27, 93
12. Can't Help Falling... Aug 28, 93

This is the collection that opened my eyes to live U2! :love:

ETA: Even the crowd noise is all nicely segued in that collection. :drool:

Where can I get that? :wink:

rnf122262@aol.com

As a matter of intrest........have you seen them live? Would you not bother going to see them?

I think u2 themselves may be confused by your dislike of their live songs. Live (for me) is what u2 is about

one less person the rest of us will have to fight with for tickets next tour :hyper:

There are some songs I don't care for live, or some songs that I think aren't as good live as they used to be. BTBS, for instance, hit its peak on Popmart for me. Overall, though, seeing U2 perform is one of my favorite things in the whole world.

2861U2 said:
Have you seen Slane?

If that's all they've seen, that would explain the original post, as that's the worst of U2's live releases.

Now, in light of Under A Blood Red Sky or anything from the UF, JT, and Lovetown Tours, the original post is completely lacking in justification or accuracy.

didn't Bono say once "Live is where we live" or something like that? Seeing the band live is 100 times better then listening to the studio version in most cases. There are a few exceptions where it seems like they just kind of go through the motions with some songs they have played a million times over, but generally the song takes on a whole new life on stage.

yall r right,I think i have found a new love for live U2
because that is the only way i`d see them,at a concert DOH!

The only songs I think is better on studio is WOWY, One, MOTD, UF, Stay, Lemon, First Time, Sweetest Thing...

Try Bad and SBS from 1986-06-15 - East Rutherford
One Tree Hill, AIWIY, WTSHNN from 1989-12-29 - Dublin
TTTYAATW 1992-06-15 - Rotterdam
SBS from 1992-08-16
Bad and MW from 1993-08-28 - Dublin

There are alot of songs that are better

flybabe said:
I absolutely do not,like live versions of U2 songs...Bono does not sing the words right,they twik it a little...and I know that is what makes live played songs great...but i like the studio versions better...and the only song I do like played is Mofo live from Mexico.
anyone with me?

FB

I can't agree with you on that but your avatar is amazing.

Re: Re: Is it just me?

LemonMacPhisto said:

I can't agree with you on that but your avatar is amazing.

I see she just changed it! The earlier one was Bono going "Hai plebans". First I thought you were referring to that one! :eeklaugh:

there are some really awesome live versions that are so much better than the studio
and live is their thing theyre are such amazing performers

Back
Top Bottom