Is it bad to like Vertigo so much so soon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Usually the songs you like the most right away are the ones you get sick of first, while the ones you don't really like at first but eventually grown on you become classics.

Elevation was my favorite song on ATYCLB the first few times I listened, but now, it's one of my least favorites on that album.

So, will vertigo stand the test of time?

I suppose only time can give us the true answer, but until then i will enjoy listening to it.

I guess I'll have to view it in light of the rest of the album - but right now I can't stop listening to the song. I heard the song on the point and switched over to the river to hear the song (local radio stations in STL) since they started playing Ashlee Simpson I fled fast to my recorded version of vertigo. I love world domination with U2

Each time I listen, I like it more. I've been looping it for what? nearly seven hours and it's just getting better! And I loved it at first too, so now it's really on another level!

I think it will one of those rare songs that I love instantly and still love years later..Beautiful Day is the same to me in that regard.

Sleep Over Jack said:
I think it will one of those rare songs that I love instantly and still love years later..Beautiful Day is the same to me in that regard.

:yes:

are you sleeping over me? :(

i dont know if ill get sick of it, and dont really care. HAVE TO REPEAT IT 1345 TIMES STRAIGHT!!!!

Chizip, of course you'll get sick of it. Hell I haven't played ATYCLB for about a year, until the other day I was watching VH1 and they played "Walk On". After seeing that I couldn't drop that CD into my player fast enough.

Vertigo is good, and I feel we'll be hearing it a lot...so be prepared to get sick of it....a little.

I just played Vertigo for 40 people at a party and people were like..Is that Bono..Is that U2? And when Edge ripps into his guitar solo they are like..OH SHIT!! How did he do that? People started requesting the DJ to play it again!

So my rating is beyond the 10 for perfect. I didn't feel this much hype for Beautiful Day and I will play it for awhile.

I am dying to hear Vertigo on the album with the other tracks. Is it song 1, song 2, what place does it have on the tracklist? Also, THIS is going to be an F'n great remix! I'll say that now. So yeah, we have this single with us for some time, but remix will be out next and, who knows, the album version of Vertigo might have some differences. I am not sick of Beautiful Day and that one played way too much in the first month.

I have a strong feeling that this is not track uno. Like the Fly, this one feels like it'll be in the middle somewhere. Okay.... SIX!!! I got six!

City of Blinding Lights is track uno!

I was going to predict City of Blinding Lights at the end somewhere, maybe 9 or 11? Yes it seems like an odd number track...:hmm:
From the name alone of course :lol:

Back
Top Bottom