Is Fast Cars Single worthy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JimmyChicken said:
It all depends on the B-Side? Why is that?

I didn't explain my point, but I guessed that it wasn't necessary as it has already been mentioned all over and seemed to be pretty obvious. I was really thinking about the sales. I already have Fast Cars on the special edition, as well as a lot of other people, so it would be very unlikely that people who already have it on the album would buy the single , unless they would have another reason to.
I can give my own example with Vertigo. I bought the DVD Single of Vertigo because it had the track “Are you Gonna Wait Forever”, as well as Vertigo HQ Video, a photo gallery and Vertigo Lisbon Video.

Last edited:
I think singles are more to promote the album and tour than to actually sell singles anymore.

LostAtMoon said:

I didn't explain my point, but I guessed that it wasn't necessary as it has already been mentioned all over and seemed to be pretty obvious. I was really thinking about the sales. I already have Fast Cars on the special edition, as well as a lot of other people, so it would be very unlikely that people who already have it on the album would buy the single , unless they would have another reason to.
I can give my own example with Vertigo. I bought the DVD Single of Vertigo because it had the track “Are you Gonna Wait Forever”, as well as Vertigo HQ Video, a photo gallery and Vertigo Lisbon Video.

I can see the importance B sides from U2 fan's perspective, ie. provides a greater incentive to buy the single as well as the album.

BUT, as for a casual listener, do they really care what the B sides are?

Back
Top Bottom