Is "Elevation" the new "Streets"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muh2o

Acrobat
In terms of pure energy and audience sing-along, I can't think of one other song that stirs the crowd like Elevation. I'd be surprised if they ever dropped Elevation from any future set list. Am I off base on this one?

ewaukrtycfdgv`1`1755fftufigtkggh!~!!~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

typhoon said:
ewaukrtycfdgv`1`1755fftufigtkggh!~!!~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, sometimes my cat sits on my keyboard too. :wink:

I don't think I'm that off in my statement. Honestly, as great as Streets is, I can think of many other songs I'd rather hear live. Maybe because they play it every 48 hours, I don't know.....

muh2o said:

Yeah, sometimes my cat sits on my keyboard too. :wink:

I don't think I'm that off in my statement. Honestly, as great as Streets is, I can think of many other songs I'd rather hear live. Maybe because they play it every 48 hours, I don't know.....

You are that off.

Dear God, I hope not.

Don't get me wrong...while I was there in the crowd, Elevation was fine. It was neat to sing along and do echo bit at the beginning. But that's as far as it goes.

Nothing will ever replace Streets.

elevation gets the crowd pumped up and its a great song live, its a good song in general that gets a lot of shit for its essentially throwaway lyrics

comparing it to where the streets have no name is a bit ridiculous

but the crowd really does get into it, i can agree with that

holy shnikeys, this is WAAAYYYY off. elevation stinks.

there is no 'new streets', just like there is no 'new bad' or 'new one'.
or, for that matter, no 'new 40'. there may be new closers, but none will ever replace 40 - it's energy and sentiment. :huh:

edit:
wait til mr. brau1 sees this!

dudeman said:
holy shnikeys, this is WAAAYYYY off. elevation stinks.

there is no 'new streets', just like there is no 'new bad' or 'new one'.
or, for that matter, no 'new 40'. there may be new closers, but none will ever replace 40 - it's energy and sentiment. :huh:

edit:
wait til mr. brau1 sees this!

i think walk on was a better closer than 40.

Chizip said:

i liked Love in Blindness better than 40 too

Love Is Blindness followed by Can't Help falling in Love is the greatest way to end a concert ever imo of course

Chizip said:

i liked Love in Blindness better than 40 too

i'll agree with that too.

seeing bad close two shows, i think that was the best though. to be completely honest, i dont think 40 is even that great of a closer. it's good, and i don't mind seeing it, but walk on, love is blindness, Bad (even though it doesnt close regularly) are all better closers.

ive derailed this thread enough.

i also agree with nbcrusader in that streets and elevation serve two different purposes, and both do their jobs very, very well.

I agree about 40

It was kind of stale on the first leg. It would be cool if it would make an appearance for a few random shows on a leg, but thats about it. I think it would be better if this tour had its own signature closer rather than a rehash of the past.

I've only seen a second vertigo and 40 close on the first leg, and I much preferred the second vertigo. I'm sure a Bad/40 combo would have been sweet too.

And this thread needed to be derailed, its a little ridiculous.

Elevation serves the porpoise of people who want to go, "Hey man this rawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Streets serves the dolphin of being, well Streets

ZeroDude said:

Love Is Blindness followed by Can't Help falling in Love is the greatest way to end a concert ever imo of course

that tour had the perfect opening, middle, and ending

it was the perfect tour, imo of course :wink:

Chizip said:
I agree about 40

It was kind of stale on the first leg. It would be cool if it would make an appearance for a few random shows on a leg, but thats about it. I think it would be better if this tour had its own signature closer rather than a rehash of the past.

I've only seen a second vertigo and 40 close on the first leg, and I much preferred the second vertigo. I'm sure a Bad/40 combo would have been sweet too.

And this thread needed to be derailed, its a little ridiculous.

yeah, i saw vertigo close 3 times, 40 close 3 times and bad close twice and in order i'd say i liked bad, vertigo and then 40. its alright, i like the drum solo at the end, but bad and vertigo are better ways to end it even if vertigo is being played twice. new jersey one it was especially awesome because larry was doing the 40 drum solo and then just broke into the vertigo beat, that was the coolest ending i think.

Chizip said:

that tour had the perfect opening, middle, and ending

it was the perfect tour, imo of course :wink:

It was good but tour wise I'm more of a Lovetown kind of guy, but the Zoo was great:wink:

Not for the 2 LA shows I went to, "New Year's Day" got a bigger crowd reaction than "Elevation," especially LA2!

"New Year's Day" doesn't need any lighting, backdrop, no red lights to signal it's about to start, just a drum stick count and a bass riff. :rockon:

what an atrocious thought.

one of the best songs ever recorded compared to absolutel trash...WHY?

long live streets. :up:

Elevation is NOT the new Streets. Neither is COBL. Elevation and COBL sound like they were written specifically to be feel-good audience sing-a-longs and nothing else. Streets is one of the best songs ever written by anyone, ever.

Back
Top Bottom