Is Edge embarrassed by his baldness?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by doctorwho:
I'm embarrassed by the shame you cast upon us.
icon36.gif

I'm ashamed over my doctorwho's embarrassment over the shame cast by kobayashi over my embarrassment over doctorwho's embarrassment over Salome's embarrassment over...oh hell, forget it!
tongue.gif

I think the Edge might have started out wearing the hats b/c he was a little embarrassed about losing his hair. I think now they have become a fashion statement and thats it. I think he looks GREAT w/o the hat myself!!! Call me crazy, but I'm usually attracted to guys who are balding...

I think he's old enough now to have come to terms with his hair loss.. It happens to most guys, no big deal! We should all be thankful that he never did the "comb over"!!! LOL!!

Originally posted by Humbucker:
Bono has hairplugs?

I agree - since when has Bono had hair transplants? If he did, one would expect his hairline to be "near perfect" - but clearly it has receeded just a bit. Still, considering the amount of hair he has for a man near 42 years in age, he looks great. I read that over 80% of men will experience some degree of hair loss. So you young'uns, get ready....

I dont think there is any proof that Bono has plugs. BUT he was starting to get a little bald spot on the back of his head during Zoo TV. It isnt there now. Could be Rogaine, could be plugs. I think he did something though. Who really cares anyway?

Originally posted by Saracene:
Sorry, but I don't want MY rock stars to grow bald gracefully...theirs is not a graceful occupation in the first place,
smile.gif

Edge probably thinks of his hats as a sort of a job uniform, by this stage.

I'm with you! Hats, plugs, restoration, I don't care. I want my rock star to have HAIR or at least cover his head with a cute little beenie. Personally, I prefer looking at Edge's beenie to looking at Larry and Adam's near-bald haircuts. Keep the beenie!

Originally posted by Blue Room:
I dont think there is any proof that Bono has plugs. BUT he was starting to get a little bald spot on the back of his head during Zoo TV. It isnt there now. Could be Rogaine, could be plugs. I think he did something though. Who really cares anyway?

People have claimed this several times, yet when he had his buzz cut during the PopMart era, no bald spot was in site - nor were there any scars from transplantation (some minor ones would be visible). I never saw this "bald spot" that people insist he had. O.K., enough about Bono's hair - back to Edge.
biggrin.gif

doctorwho, when you examined Bono's scalp at close range during Popmart did he have dandruff??
wink.gif

I think the whole thing developed because there was an article about Zoo TV (I cant remember which magazine) that indicated Bono had a special hair stylist for the tour to help cover his bald spot. As I said before though, who really cares?? Not me.

As a balding man, I can empathize with Edge. I don't think he's embarrassed by his baldness as much as he thinks hats are cooler. I'm in my mid-20s and losing hair quickly. I wear hats all the time, not because I'm balding, but because I like hats, and I don't want my scalp to freeze or get sunburnt. Hats are cool. (Not the simple baseball caps, mind you, I'm talking about fedoras, derbies, bowlers, skullcaps, etc.)

Edge started the hat trend and the goatee trend. He did them both best.

Originally posted by Blue Room:
doctorwho, when you examined Bono's scalp at close range during Popmart did he have dandruff??
wink.gif

I think the whole thing developed because there was an article about Zoo TV (I cant remember which magazine) that indicated Bono had a special hair stylist for the tour to help cover his bald spot. As I said before though, who really cares?? Not me.

Well, I know a few things about transplants as one of my friends works in this area (she also does other hair replacments). Poor woman, she has cancer and is my age. I'm hoping she finally beats it...
frown.gif

Anyway, going back to Bono and transplants, from what I've learned, there would be some scarring (depending on the doctor and patient) from removing the hair from the back of the head and inserting it elsewhere. As such, when Bono cut his hair super short, you'd see these scars. We did not, hence why I state my comment that he most likely did NOT have surgery.

Also, this rumor about his bald spot during the ZOO TV years actually started on the U2 newsgroups when two women commented how they saw this bald spot on Bono in concert. This comment was made back in '93/'94. So I went through all of my videos (bootlegs and legit) and my photos and racked my memory - and I saw no bald spot at all. I asked other people on-line. No one else saw it either. It seemed that these two women were the only ones in the world to see it. Hence why I discount it.

Now, if Bono did have surgery or had a bald spot or whatever and it's now gone, great for him! As you wrote, I too don't care. I guess I'm just making a fuss because I feel it is a false rumor. I'd make just as much fuss if someone said Adam has 5 kids or Larry is gay or Edge doesn't play his own guitar or whatever. I just want some "truth" in the press, dangit! Yes, I *can* handle the truth!
biggrin.gif

One thing I noticed is that Edge seems to have lost some more hair between the Pop and ATYCLB eras.

Why?

I hear that Rogaine, Propecia, etc. works well in preventing further hair loss.

Originally posted by MadelynIris:
I doubt that Edge is embarassed for not having hair on top.

The hats are cool. Just ask Maddy - she's been without hair for 6 years now. Liberate your self from hair! Donate it to locks of love: http://www.locksoflove.org

maddy2.jpg

maddy1jpg.jpg

For more info go to http://www.madelyniris.com

"Hair" - it's way over rated. Just ask Edge.

Mark
awww Mark, your daughter is beautiful!
I think the Edge looks almost as adorable as Maddy.
Loveya Edge!

Originally posted by Humbucker:
One thing I noticed is that Edge seems to have lost some more hair between the Pop and ATYCLB eras.

Why?

"POP only sold a million in the USA?? Argh!" (pulls hair out)

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Back
Top Bottom