Is Bono going bald?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mug222

War Child
The only reason I'm writing this (and risking the angry PLEBA reaction to follow) is because I couldn't care less about the number of hair follicles on the man's head, but...

I think it's fairly clear that Bono wears some sort of wig. Take a good look at this picture and you'd be hard-pressed to argue:

20020304-3.jpg

I think we should make a list of topics not to bring up on interference. The first would be Creed, and the second would be Bono's hair.

------------------
I miss the innocence I've known
Playin' KISS covers beautiful and stoned

Stern is funny at times, but what irks me about him is his utter lack of knowledge about, well, everything. For example, when Michael Hutchence died, he was stunned to learn that Hutchence had a good-sized fortune. Stern claimed that there was no way INXS sold that many albums for Hutchence to be that wealthy. Of course, had Stern taken, oh, say 30 seconds to do some research, he'd see that some wise investments on Hutchence's part are how he gathered his wealth. This is but one example of Stern's complete lack of knowledge on life. Talk about breasts - Stern claims to know all. Talk about anything else, and the man is a moron.

Anyway, back to the topic - I don't really think Bono did much, other than let his hair grow out and dye it dark again. If you look at the PopMart era pics and now, the only difference is the length of his hair. For most men, short hair makes them look less bald - for Bono it was the reverse. Then again, he's one of the few men out there who looks better in longer hair (just like Edge is one of the few men who looks good in a goatee).

Originally posted by candyfloss:
I think we should make a list of topics not to bring up on interference. The first would be Creed, and the second would be Bono's hair.

Agreed.

Speaking about candyfloss, I just bought Summer Teeth today, and it is, of course, fantastic. How does it compare to Being There? Should I splash out another $17?

I also bought Black Foliage today...are you by any chance an Olivia Tremor Control fan?

Originally posted by mug222:
Agreed.

Speaking about candyfloss, I just bought Summer Teeth today, and it is, of course, fantastic. How does it compare to Being There? Should I splash out another $17?

I also bought Black Foliage today...are you by any chance an Olivia Tremor Control fan?

Absolutely you should buy Being There, two cds for the price of one! March 19 an Uncle Tupelo anthology is being released. (Uncle Tupelo is Jeff Tweedy's old band.) And the new Wilco album drops April 23.

I'm aware of Olivia Tremor Control but haven't really gotten into them, yet. Although I am a big Neutral Milk Hotel fan. There's just so much great music out there, if I spent as much time as I'd like to listening to albums, I wouldn't get anything else done.

As far as I can say he is not losing any hair. Just look at the pics in the AB booklet. His hair line is right there where it is today. Only a matter of perception...

And no, hair could be no reason not to love U2
mad.gif

The only thing Bono has is a receeding hairline. The reason his hair looks full is well because it SHOULD BE OBVIOUS, he has LET HIS HAIR GROW OUT SOME. If his hair was short like it used to be it wouldn't look as thick as it does now. Plus Bono probably uses hair spray and gel, which add's VOLUME to hair.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I dont think he wears a wig but its obvious he dyes his hair.

I think it's fairly clear that Bono wears some sort of wig. Take a good look at this picture and you'd be hard-pressed to argue:

I see no wig there. It's obvious after he begins to sweat onstage that there is no wig. His hair is generally a sweaty mess (in a good way) by the midpoint of the show. Plus, I don't think Bono is that vain about his appearance. His ego is about other things, not his looks.

Originally posted by Rono:
He lost some hair,.....

I lost the link to it, but Edge had his hat off for Bob Hewson's funeral and seriously -- he had almost no hair. It is amazing that it makes no difference to his sexyness. At least it doesn't for me.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
I see no wig there. It's obvious after he begins to sweat onstage that there is no wig. His hair is generally a sweaty mess (in a good way) by the midpoint of the show. Plus, I don't think Bono is that vain about his appearance. His ego is about other things, not his looks.

It's not vanity, but for this record and tour it may have been the right move for the image he and the band wanted to portray.

And believe me, multi multi multi millionaires can get some pretty quality hairpieces.
wink.gif

What a fucking stupid conversation I've let myself slip into
wink.gif

Okay, the final word on this came on PLEBA when Melpop, the girl who rolled with him in Montreal, revealed that she had played with his hair during the 'roll' and she pronounced it 100% real. There you go, the only one among us with 'hands on' experience!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

[This message has been edited by Autumn454 (edited 03-08-2002).]

Originally posted by Autumn454:
Okay, the final word on this came on PLEBA when Melpop, the girl who rolled with him in Montreal, revealed that she had played with his hair during the 'roll' and she pronounced it 100% real. There you go, the only one among us with 'hands on' experience!
biggrin.gif

An of course melpop handles hairpieces with such regularity that she is an expert?

that's beside the point though...why does it matter? All men lose some hair as they get older, Bono is no exception. I think we should just drop it.

And believe me, multi multi multi millionaires can get some pretty quality hairpieces.
wink.gif

What a fucking stupid conversation I've let myself slip into
wink.gif

Then if Bono's got a hairpiece, why didn't he get one of these pretty quality hairpieces?? His hair looks like crap most of the time--like he just doesn't care, which I think is kind of cool.

Yeah, why am I in this conversation again?! Let me slip out of here before I lose all respect for myself...

Originally posted by Arun V:

that's beside the point though...why does it matter? All men lose some hair as they get older, Bono is no exception. I think we should just drop it.

Women lose some hair too after menopause...

I agree. I am ashamed of myself for participating here. B'bye now.

originally posted by Arun V:
An of course melpop handles hairpieces with such regularity that she is an expert?

Come on, if you have your hands in someone's hair you can tell if it's attached and growing out of their head or not. She could tell it was real. You should have hugged him and played with his hair while you were onstage lol!
biggrin.gif

This is too funny, I thought I was on PLEBA for a second! The extent of the denial I've seen in regard to Bono's hair is really hysterical.
biggrin.gif
Anyway it's exremely obvious his hair has thinned from Achtung Baby days, and his hairline has receded particularly on the sides at the top. It's nothing to get crazy over just a natural part of life
rolleyes.gif

originally posted by Arun V:
Come on, if you have your hands in someone's hair you can tell if it's attached and growing out of their head or not. She could tell it was real. You should have hugged him and played with his hair while you were onstage lol!
biggrin.gif

Actually I'm siginicantly taller than bono and got a good look at the top of his head...it was thinner than it may have been 10 years ago..but nothing abnormal by any stretch

You should have hugged him and played with his hair while you were onstage lol!
biggrin.gif

I wanted to leave something to leave something to look forawrd to next time

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
Women lose some hair too after menopause...

I agree. I am ashamed of myself for participating here. B'bye now.

Actually, women lose hair for other reasons as well. And, unlike men, it's not typical "pattern baldness" where one can do transplants - as the transplanted hair on women will just fall out. Women will lose hair during and after pregnancy, menopause, and other hormonal reactions.

As for Bono - well, duh, clearly his hair has thinned. But again, having a dear friend (who is suffering from, but winning the battle against, cancer) who has her own business dealing with hair pieces and hair restoration, I learned the "tricks." Bono is not wearing a piece - that is just as obvious as the fact his hair has thinned. But he's also not bald nor has he had surgery. Just a little thinning. I would think most men (and 80% of men do lose some hair) would love to have Bono's head of hair when they near 42 years of age.

Originally posted by david:
The reason his hair looks full is well because it SHOULD BE OBVIOUS, he has LET HIS HAIR GROW OUT SOME. If his hair was short like it used to be it wouldn't look as thick as it does now. Plus Bono probably uses hair spray and gel, which add's VOLUME to hair.

Originally posted by doctorwho
I don't really think Bono did much, other than let his hair grow out and dye it dark again. If you look at the PopMart era pics and now, the only difference is the length of his hair. For most men, short hair makes them look less bald - for Bono it was the reverse. Then again, he's one of the few men out there who looks better in longer hair (just like Edge is one of the few men who looks good in a goatee).

Bingo.

You guys hit the nail on the, uh, head, excuse the pun.

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

[This message has been edited by Veranda (edited 03-08-2002).]

i posted this on Pleba once before, but in the AB video, there are a couple of shots of the top of Bono's head, and you can *totally* see his scalp...in fact, it freaked me out so much, I had to rewind and view it again in slow mo....yep, it was VERY thin at his crown...so I think he's done...*something* since then to get his hair back. Now it just looks like he's receding a bit, like his brother and dad, but nothing more major than that....

I have heard this before
redface.gif
and it's not true, call me 'denial' if you want. I hate to admit it, but after reading this on wire last spring, when I went to my concerts I made it a point to look for myself. Standing within feet of him, the bright lights shining on his sweaty head, all I saw was real hair, growing from the roots of his head. He ran his hands through it and it flew out when he ran during Streets. It was lovely hair, and he looked very good. That's all I have to say about that.

Other than I don't see any receding/wig/combover or anything but real hair, and nice looking hair at that.
metafter-u201.jpg

This pic is a good example, it is the most recent pic taken of him it's from the Meteor awards aftershow party. Case closed as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom