Is Bono evil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellay

Refugee
According to the May edition of Maxim Magazine, he may be.

They highlight the fact that the release of all u2 albums co-oincide with seriously bad world events...

ie

1980 - Boy iran Iraq War breaks out
1984 - unforgettable fire - famine in ethiopia
1993 - zooropa - major earthquake in Japan.

etc etc

Nov 1988-Oct 1991 - No u2 album released, world enters a brief period of happiness, berlin wall comes down, Communism collapses, Freedom reigns.

They've got a nice cropped picture of Bono as well, making him look particularly evil.

great stuff.

That is funny.

I remember back in 97 when Entertainment Weekly used to run a feature called Separated at Birth (or something like that). They had a photo of Bono with Sunglasses and a hooded sweatshirt over his head. Next to him was an artist sketch of the still uncaught Unabomber (with his trademark hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses). The caption under Bono's photo was "Unabono".

My favourite bad world event is

Nov 2004 - Album - How to Dismantle an atomic bomb released

Event - the new u2 album is shit, a baby dies somewhere after hearing some of it.

A little harsh methinks.

there is something similar to this that i think about, how artists/events either predicted or foreshadowed 9-11. i think u2's aatyclb album predicted the attacks (new york, peace on earth) and slayer's 'god hates us all' album might have too (it was released on that day). just a thought.

Didn't David Hasselhoff have a song about freedom released the same week the Berlin Wall was pulled down,

It immediately propelled him to status of top rock star in Germany.

Ellay said:
My favourite bad world event is

Nov 2004 - Album - How to Dismantle an atomic bomb released

Event - the new u2 album is shit, a baby dies somewhere after hearing some of it.

A little harsh methinks.

Harsh perhaps... but still, losing one child is nothing compared to the hundreds of thousands that gouge out their eyes after reading the "brilliant" Maxim articles and glancing at pictures of very unreal women. :wink:

Of course, as I am no child, I happily look at pictures of unreal women. :D

bono it's not evil nor the antichrist he is just a poor man getting older and trying to make sense out of his life.
the music it's not just enoug enymore but because of poor education and bad relations (bush,blair, etc) he just act by contradictions; we can´t try to be serious about the millions dying and drive a mazerati and we can't try to be serious about war when our firends are who make it.
in the end i think he just tryes to make the best he can but we can't serve the lord and beast at the same time...

I think we should all take time out and thank the Lord for giving us his one and only son - DAVID HASSELHOF! :wink:

Hi!

Perhaps it's just prophecy. People seem to look at prophets as bearers of "evilness".

carol
wizard2c
:|

It works both ways...

Pero said:
New album came out and my cat died.
Now that's a world tragedy

Well, the new album came out and my cat LIVED. I hate my cat, so that's an even bigger world tragedy! My daughter loves the cat, so I put up with it, an act of true Bono selflessness. Or do I have a more sinister Bono inspired plan for the cat? We are moving soon...

::macdevil: "Leave it behind...you gotta leave it behind

MMMUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:
jer2911 said:
That is funny.

I remember back in 97 when Entertainment Weekly used to run a feature called Separated at Birth (or something like that). They had a photo of Bono with Sunglasses and a hooded sweatshirt over his head. Next to him was an artist sketch of the still uncaught Unabomber (with his trademark hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses). The caption under Bono's photo was "Unabono".

wow, that's great. anyone have a scan of this?

antichrist indeed...

Back
Top Bottom