Is 2005 Really True?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
I heard it again on the radio last night that the new album and tour won't be till 2005 now. Not complaining (well, yeah I guess I am) but what is the deal? Is there a reason for this? Are they (U2) going to at least tell the fans what the story is. I think we at least deserve an explanation. I had started a U2 savings acct quite a while ago but am afraid I will now squander it on summer concerts. Can't wait THAT LONG for U2 to come around again and not tap into my savings. I just wish U2 would hurry up and give us the fans the real story.

:eyebrow: It is a bit annoying, but the latest stories seem to be indicating that U2's next album won't be out until either March or September or sometime in between!! If you remember the fiasco that was Popmart - brilliant and all that it was - you might remember Bono pledging that he'll never book dates for the tour before the album's release date again!! I think that's the reason why U2 weren't happy with the Pop album and were nervous on the first few nights of the Popmart tour: they had booked the tour dates and the album still hadn't been finished - then technical hitches arose with the album and yet it STILL had to be released before the Popmart tour started. So, wait until the new album's released, THEN start worrying about tour dates!! :huh: The concerts are always worth the wait anyway!:wink:

I'd rather wait 10 years for a U2 album then have to bear with listening to unfinished work. It has happened before with U2. Surely they have learned from their mistakes.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
I'd rather wait 10 years for a U2 album then have to bear with listening to unfinished work. It has happened before with U2. Surely they have learned from their mistakes.

Cheers,

J

My Lord I agree with Jick!! :hmm: LOL I dont know quite what to make of that!! Isnt that one of the signs of the apocalypse?

I do agree though, and what are we talking here? About 6 to 7 more months than what we were expecting originally. In the big scheme of things that really isnt that long or that much of a delay. At least we know a new album and tour are on the way.

Last edited:
Are you sure they said neither the album nor the tour was going to happen until 2005? The most common rumor I've been hearing is the album will come out in the fall of 2004, with the tour to start in spring 2005.

This is ridiculous. I understand that it is certainly possible to have technical issues in recording a new album (I also doubt that somewhat because this isn't a start-up band of 16 year olds, this is FRIGGIN U2 - they have all the $$$ and best people working on it). Even if there are technical issues that we know of in january of 2004, how come they can't be fixed in a month or two? why must technical issues delay an album an extra year?? Life is too short....

2005? Whoever said that needs to get off whatever they're smoking.

LOOKS LIKE 2005 TOUR!
we have no clips , no album name, all we know its going to be rock&roll.(or so i think) so if we dont get any info till march.
the tour will be next year. so the main question on all our minds is will bono be 50 years old?(running around the stage)

Axver said:
2005? Whoever said that needs to get off whatever they're smoking.

Hey, it is quite possible. Maybe the "Snag" is that they ditched every single song they'd been working on and started working on new ones. I'm not pessimistic, I'm realistic.....U2 could very easily not release an album in 2004.

Back
Top Bottom