Irving Plaza Live Dvd - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2002, 11:34 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:01 PM
I love some of the contradictory view points of a few members. Oh well, some people will do anything to justify something they are doing that they know is wrong.

I see it this way. If you are buying equipment to record or film a show that is so far above your means that you need to charge for expenses and/or profit, then you shouldnt be doing it. As I said before it shouldnt be a business, it should be a hobby.

As far as paying ton of money for some a pro shot and then charging for it to make back your money and/or profiting. I guess it just shows that not everything should be out there then. I have said this many times. There is enough stuff out their done by actual fans (not pro or semi pro bootleggers) to satisfy most. Thats all we really need IMO. Anyway, I guess we agree to disagree on this issue.

Old 12-05-2002, 12:31 AM   #22
Fan & Taper

Local Time: 10:01 AM
Blue Room, you know I'm against selling. However their (sellers) actions bring about the stuff that MOST fans really want. Proshot stuff is way more in demand than your average audience shot video. Some of it surfaces in the "trader" circles (The Notre Dame Multicam, Bonocam) And some of it gets "sold" then traded. (Your Irving Plaza for one) I know of really one great audience shot Elevation show that I can really watch and it was shot by a FAN. (04/24/01) There are some others that are good, but were shot by sellers. I still have lots of them, and don't know anyone that paid for them, so no loss by me or anyone I know. I don't like it, but it's still gonna happen. There will always be fans that will pay for something rather than trade/download it. So there will always be someone to fulfill that demand. You could equally blame a buyer as much as a seller if you really wanted to. It's easy to condone it when you get access to it and have it.

Old 12-05-2002, 01:26 PM   #23
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:01 PM
Real Video of the Irving Plaza concert.

To commemorate the 2 year anniversary of the Irving Plaza concert
U2Exit.com is offering (For a LIMITED TIME)a low bandwidth version of
the concert in Real Video. The show, which lasts a little more than
an hour, was originally broadcasted live on radio stations all across
the U.S.

http://www.u2exit.com
Old 12-06-2002, 06:18 PM   #24
The Fly

Local Time: 12:01 PM
Hi everyone....long time, no post.

I have this DVD and I would be willing to trade it but because of my job it might take a few weeks to get a copy made. The holidays are coming up to and I will be spending it with my family so I hope you can be understanding of that as well. If interested, email me at ultraviolet_j@yahoo.com and let's see what we can work out.

Props to Blue Room, U2Please, and Chrisedge for their great discussion on this.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:31 PM   #25
War Child

Local Time: 09:01 AM
And I've got the VCD of it and I'll be giving a bunch away free on wire-u2 tomorrow. In fact, I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of these VCDs given away on wire and u2-list in the next few days!