Invisible - Reactions Thread (Do not post song requests - Discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only minor element are some vocal parts, I like the parts he's belting out, but you can definitely hear the years of chain smoking in some others parts, but I'm definitely positive suprised.

Excellent start

not overproduced Very cut and dry with a hint of old Depeche Mode SPEEK AND SPELL
REFRESHING INDEED!!!!

Lyrics One-ish!!

Sounds like maybe son is pleading with his father about his alternate lifestyle
he doesn't approve of.

Edge in background....Invisible

I love the pitch change into "ALL THOSE FROZEN DAYS WITH YOUR FROZEN WAYS THEY MELT AWAY, YOUR FACE LIKE SNOW"

Well done boys and the Mighty Mouse!!!:applaud:

FING BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!

Already heading on my 4th listen...the hype around Invisible was completely understandable and fitting after all! :drool:

There is something away thing song is sonically that makes it feel modern, fresh. That DangerMouse influence I think. This thing could get good radio play.

I can care less about the lyrics at this point, they aren't so bad. The song is just soooo good! The radio stations are going to pick this one up easily. :applaud:

I love the direction this song suggests for a new album, but I just don't see this as a big mainstream hit.

Ultimately, the 'success' of this song in the eyes of the band is not going to be on how anyone that would post on this board views it, but how your average football/music fan reacts to it. Time will tell.

I hope it garners the reaction the band wants. They don't need to be anymore gun-shy than they already are.

The more I listen to Invisible, the more I like it though.

Wow the intro really threw me for a loop, wasn't expecting it to sound like that, didn't remind me of any U2 song really. As a whole it sounds pretty different.

Its like a touch of Zooropa mixed with Beautiful Day if I had to compare. Larry's drums are pretty awesome.

For not being a commercial single (at least for now, they could always decide to release it as second/third/etc. single from the new album), it's pretty epic with hook and melody, if you know what I mean. I'm confident that radio stations will often give a spin to this and it will be big on the social networks too.

In the context of today's music market, this is certainly the best chance U2 have had at a relevant hit since Vertigo.

Just listened to it for the first time. For sure will need a few more listens, the intro is very different indeed. Digging the guitar and drums and very intrigued on what else is in store on the new album. I wish that it would have gone on a bit longer but overall, I'm liking it and it's growing the more times I'm listening to it!

*EDIT*

When the guitar kicks in; LOVE IT!!!

yeah, seems like the lyrical production on Achtung Baby, that was my feeling as well. I'm actually getting mixed feelings with this song, but all of them are good.

Everytime I hear this song, it says something different to me. As I said before, it's a very powerful lyric. Very deep, right down to Bono's soul. It's not a "charity song". It's a U2 song.

Very well done.

In the context of today's music market, this is certainly the best chance U2 have had at a relevant hit since Vertigo.

True. And I actually hope it succeeds quickly so U2 realizes that they should just go with the Danger Mouse material and not scrap it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

The multi syllabic them in "there is no theeyyeeyeeeyum" sucks

Yeah he does that a couple times in the song and it's very off putting. I don't care for the intro. It reminds me a bit of Magnificent and sounds forced. I also hate the line with 2 "me's" in it toward the beginning. Come on dude, try a little bit!! The outro deadens the song.

Yeah he does that a couple times in the song and it's very off putting. I don't care for the intro. It reminds me a bit of Magnificent and sounds forced. I also hate the line with 2 "me's" in it toward the beginning. Come on dude, try a little bit!! The outro deadens the song.

You said you liked it before

My daughter just came downstairs and said she's listened 10 times already and loves it. She said..what's the deal, are they releasing a new album? When I said "yes"...she says..."WHEN ARE THEY GONNA FINISH lT!!!! :cry:"

This is the new direction I was hopeful NLOTH would be. Proper different.
Wow.

I'll try and avoid superlatives at this stage, but I am loving it so far

Anyone need an upload or anything?

I can't believe it, I just opened iTunes to look at the countdown, and it was just there.

I love the track. It sounds like classic U2, but fresh at the same time. The vocal delivery is incredible. And the lyrics, I mean, I broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years last week, and this is just so incredibly uplifting. It's like Bono is channeling me or something. I've already heard it 20 times. It gets better every time.

I can't believe it's this good. I was so scared of it being mediocre. And it's just everything I wanted it to be.

As has been said before: @Bono/Edge/Larry/Adam/Oseary - If you're reading this, then don't worry. This is exactly what the next album should sound like. I can't wait for the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom