Invisible - Reactions Thread (Do not post song requests - Discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lightfooted quote is apt. I find this so easy to listen to. It isn't leaden and can be listened to over and over again without being irritating.

The lightfooted quote is apt. I find this so easy to listen to. It isn't leaden and can be listened to over and over again without being irritating.

I'm so glad to be seeing so many people saying things similar to my own feelings, but in ways that I can't figure out how to put in words. Takes the work out of it for me :wink:

Not ashamed to say this song brought tears to my eyes. It's classic U2 with a modern twist. It sounds like a song that was always meant to be, not manufactured.

This band is back, and in a big way.

gvox, had your sources said anything to the effect that U2 had hit a sweet effortless 80s vibe and were just being bitches about not going ahead and releasing the album?

also, really hope your "invisible=litmus test" info means if people love this, we'll just get the record already. :applaud:

I really like the synthetic drums used as an embellishment for Larry's kinda whatever beat. It does feel a touch Kraftwerk, or more accurately, like U2's Kraftwerk cover.

The synth/guitar/whatever hook is a fucking powerhouse. Reminds me of Don't Save Us From the Flames by M83.

I hope this song doesn't make the album. Have no idea why most think it's a given that this song will be on the album when nobody from the band has confirmed it. Like someone said earlier, it reminds me of the HTDAAB unreleased material, definitely not A-side quality imo.

If this is a true sneak preview of what the Danger Mouse-produced album is going to sound like...bring it on.

I hope this song doesn't make the album. Have no idea why most think it's a given that this song will be on the album when nobody from the band has confirmed it. Like someone said earlier, it reminds me of the HTDAAB unreleased material, definitely not A-side quality imo.

Bono confirmed it.

:lol: Except that Bono said so in an interview with the LA times a few days ago...

I remembered hearing Boots for the first time. I did like it. Of course I did, it was new U2 after a long while. But it didn't make me feel hopeful. It didn't sell me a graspable concept, nor did I believe the general public would embrace it.

This one feels different. I feel there's a clear idea behind it, a theme and a musical direction that points somewhere. Whether or not this is what the album will sound like (I think it will definitely be similar, at least), it feels like a statement in the vein of The Fly, Beautiful Day and Vertigo. "This is U2 in 2014, I think you'll like it."

I think it's going to be a sleeper hit, and a wake-up-call for anyone who believed U2 had nothing more to give in big business music.

:heart:
I do see most of the references to current artists. But lets not forget...our band help forge the landscape of music for the past 30 years. This song (and hopefully the summer album) is them reclaiming their sound!

I do see most of the references to current artists. But lets not forget...our band help forge the landscape of music for the past 30 years. This song (and hopefully the summer album) is them reclaiming their sound!

well said!!

Ah! That rings a bell. :D Thanks.

So what did HTDAAB leak on? :hmm: And Vertigo?

Boots was first played by Fanning I think, not leaked.. or was it?

I remember hearing Boots on Fanning the very first time, but IIRC, the song had leaked an hour or so beforehand, and I just really wanted to hear it live on the radio the first time, so I waited.

Some of the lyrics and vocal delivery are oddly placed and the music sounds a bit unfinished, which is what reminds me of those b-sides. But in this case, I find it rather charming. Bono said Invisible will be on the album but not a lead single. That being said, depending on how long it takes for this thing to get finished, plans could very well change and we could have our charity single on some kind of deluxe version. That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I remember hearing Boots on Fanning the very first time, but IIRC, the song had leaked an hour or so beforehand, and I just really wanted to hear it live on the radio the first time, so I waited.

I remember Fanning yea, was in the computerlab at uni desperately trying to keep a sstraight face as I was in class, haha. And I also remember hearing NLOTH2 right after Boots, and I stopped caring about Boots immediately. :lol:

for me the chicken skin moment comes when he shouts "I am hereee" and then the guitar comes in.... wow! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom