Invisible - Reactions Thread (Do not post song requests - Discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good song-just not a good U2 song...yet. I need to hear the full version of this song and of course, the album itself. I hope the deep cuts of the album are more adventurous and creative than this. Maybe they wanted a conservative sounding song to be a calling card.

Guys, I think the possibility still remains that Bono was (1) saying that if this song wasn't a hit, then they would go off with new producers because they'd be freaked out, and (2) that he was being coy. Come on, they're really just going to have this terrific song with the most hit potential of any song since Beautiful Day be a thing for a month, a couple of weeks at most, go on Fallon, and then just kind of ignore it. And how do you know that the new version he's referring to there couldn't be a reference to another studio take on Invisible and not specifically the RED edit? I still feel like the commercial could have some more news for us and if not that, Fallon will for sure.
Anyways, great song. Really does have a new kind of sound while still harkening back to U2's older work and Bowie/Kraftwerk, New Order. Danger Mouse really knows how to make a rhythm section sound great. I think that this could be a big hit.

:up: This.

We may still have a surprise or two in store. Either way, it's a wonderful day for U2! New music! New video! :panic:

False. I disliked the last lead off single and openly said so. As did many many others .

Stop being such a sheep by liking this song!!! You will not like it in a couple of days anyway (apparently)

False. I disliked the last lead off single and openly said so. As did many many others .

Yeah this definitely has a better reaction than Boots did after the first few hours.

Even shaun vox appears to not hate the song. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I am one of those fans that pretty much loves most anything they do, so it's hard to give an objective opinion on all of this. But... I do LOVE the song a lot!!! :lol:
It's really uplifting and catchy. I think it would make a good first single to an album, if only they were closer to releasing it. It sounds fresh for them, but still undeniably "U2ish". I can see it being a great concert song that the crowd can sing along to and jump up and down. The only thing I didn't love was the first few seconds of bass and drums in the intro, which sounds like it was made in Mario Paint. Feels totally different from the rest of the song that comes after.

A lot of other bands' names are being thrown around and I can see where people hear the influence, but to me it sounds like U2 heard Taylor Swift try to rip them off in her song 'State of Grace' and basically answered "is this was you were trying to do?"
Also, just seeing that Facebook video with the clips of the Super Bowl commercial is making me even more excited! I can't wait to see the actual ad. Looks epic and I believe the song will get a great response right after it airs. Very smart to offer it as a free download. :up:

Thanks Interferecne

Looong time lurker, who wants to say thanks to everybody here, you've kept me informed and entertained leading up to this glorious moment and I know all your love, hate and humor will keep me going until the new album, thanks!:applaud:

You are indeed King today mate. You should petition the mods to change your name to just "GOD"

:lmao:

Thank you immensely. I'm just glad I was in the thread at the exact moment you posted. Between you me and Ashley we were probably among the very first to hear it. :up:

:up:

yep, brilliant work! cheers God Part III!

Wow. It's 4:17am, I woke-up, downloaded the track, and am simply blown away. The band has taken a risk with this track, and it's genuinely magnificent.

I have to say...the mix in the chorus sounds very compressed, in the vein of Bomb songs...its like the sound quality takes a dip to get a louder, crunchier chorus. And it feels like a cut-and-paste edit job after the 2nd chorus. I hope the album version is improved on that front.

Lyrical theme is reminiscent of COBL. I like it.

I will also say that pretty much every time I've heard something new from U2 since my fandom began (ie everything they've released since Hutdab) I have ridiculously hyped up and probably liked more than I actually did. I remember thinking Magnificent was amaaaazing the first time I heard it and I don't like that song at all now.

My favorite U2 songs usually take a while to grow on me. I wasn't even a huge fan of WOWY, "One",or BD when I first heard them.

I would love to hear the "full" version of the song (iTunes says it's an edit), especially if the "audience" kicks in at some point.

The only thing I don't like is the "more than you know-oh-oh-oh-oh, body and soul-oh-oh-oh" bit of Bono's singing. Could have done without the extra melisma. :wink:

But I do like the knew sounds, which are fresh for U2. It seems like Danger Mouse has been a positive influence (and I also very much so like "Ordinary Love" and "This Is", assuming the latter was also produced by Danger Mouse).

I don't think this song will make my Top 20 U2 songs list yet, I am happy that it is a fun, poppy, yet serious melody.

Looong time lurker, who wants to say thanks to everybody here, you've kept me informed and entertained leading up to this glorious moment and I know all your love, hate and humor will keep me going until the new album, thanks!:applaud:

Welcome! You should jump in!

It's a really, really great day to be a U2 fan. :)

I think it's a little unfair to judge this song as "not living up to classic U2" already. I can only speak for myself, but the first time I heard many U2 songs my reaction was different than what my opinion of these songs are months and years later.

Will Invisible be a U2 classic? The odds say no, but there are only so many tunes that reach that pantheon. First impression is that it's very solid.

Acrobat was in the lower third of AB for me for months, if not years. Now I can't imagine the U2 catalog without it. Virtually all of UF was like that for me. That album escaped me until about 1988.

Listen. Let it marinate. Go away and come back to it. Listen again. You never know...

I miss the car noises in the hangar clip.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

CK, did that video download work for you?

When I click on "download" I get a status that it's "waiting for download" and then I get a blank page. :(

I enjoyed that a lot more than I did the last time I heard it. The only real problem with it is the vocal and lyrics. The music is pretty cool.

I think the theme was the only thing that was off. Dave Gahan also pointed out how it sounded like two songs put together.

The theme was about people being tired of war and it had a finger wagging quality (Bono talking about people growing up) but the economy was bad and the war was already being drawn down. People were worried about their jobs more than war and peace.

Yet that bass and guitar rocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom