Introducing u2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
catlhere said:
Joshua Tree, everything is downhill from there. :wink:

I like to think of it as more of a sudden drop off a cliff followed by flat grasslands for the rest of their career. ;)

Lancemc said:

I like to think of it as more of a sudden drop off a cliff followed by flat grasslands for the rest of their career. ;)

It's like a having the prime rib first, and then biting into a dry baked potato with a stale Pop bread on the side. :wink:

That is true babyman I like that one too! And I just wanted to introduce them to a few people who have never listened. No negative comments please, I can get them anywhere.:wink:

go with achtung - there's an album that consistently gets the "oh, I never knew that was U2!", oh, "and that was also U2?", and "Oh Jesus, my school mate was always playing this song, I never knew it was U2" type commentry.

Joshua tree is for the seasoned listner, somebody who was already a U2 fan after their Boy, War, Blood/Sky, UF journey. Achtung took everyday platforms, toyed with your deepest, most melancholy, spiteful sides...nourished and then harvested them.

Achtung will get the ball rolling - guaranteed. It's relevant, acoustically racy, the most likely to have turned into musaac (i.e. it's been in the background for years now), and when U2 started to take themselves less seriously. The earlier years can be a midge too melodramatic and sometimes seem from a world we no longer live in (no IRA, no USSR, no nuclear vista, no apathy).

Whatever you choose, it would be best if you ensured the lyrics are read alongside to what you're trying to introduce.

ill go against the flow and say that you can probably hook people with HTDAAB, mainly because i think everyone i know has heard vertigo, and i lent my friend my copy of HTDAAB and he is starting to like many of the songs...and mainly because HTDAAB and its latest hits have introduced me to U2 in the past 6 months, and my friends can know what the heck im attempting to sing in the middle of physics :wink:

I think HTDAAB should be in the top 3 certainly, since its the newest material and still pretty accessible. I still maintain my previous list is best, ie DVDs!

Back
Top Bottom