Into the heart......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2loopy

War Child
So, I was checking out my copy of Niall Stokes "Into the heart". I got it a while ago (it only goes up to Zooropa!)

As I'm flippin thru I get to the section for Passengers and I notice an explanation for the song "Miss Saigon".
eek.gif
MISS SAIGON!!!?????!!!!(instead of Miss Sarajevo)

How could they have printed that with such an error!!!

Well, just thought you guys would find that interesting!

Oh, and if anyone knows where I can get a revised edition with all the more recent songs please let me know. I see it on Amazon.com but it's used and it's like 60 bucks!!!Sheesh, I'm not trying to be frugal or anything, but 60 Dollars????

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

I thought Andrew Lloys Webber wrote the music for the Passengers album

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

And no offense to anyone who ever saw "Miss Saigon", but I hated it!!!!

It was boring as hell. Maybe that's why I got so uptight that they misprinted it that way in the book.

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

O
MI
GOR!

after all these years of having that, i never noticed that! so i dug it up and looked and sure enough, there it was! wtf?
i have all three (i guess? were there any printings prior to passengers?) printings of into the heart. the one you mentioned, the one including pop, and the one with mdh and atyclb.
i'm sure you can find the recent one in bookstores somewhere. it's got a new cover and everything! hehe.
biggrin.gif

------------------
why i see your face moving in the aerospace, white light shining you're all alone...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

Into the heart now goes up through ATYCLB, I saw it at my local Waldenbooks, but I'm too cheap to buy it.

------------------
"Shame on you! Ugly baby judges you!"

MISS SAIGON? Jeez that is a huge glaring error.. in my only edition (the newest one) they have a LOT of little errors, like spelling and some factual but what really annoyed me was they said in the book (paraphrasing here): "Legend has it when Bono showed B.B King the lyrics [to When Love Comes To Town] B.B said, 'How old are you? These are heavy lyrics, heavy lyrics.' "
That scene was in R&H! Stupid stupid stupid.
Anyway, the new version is everywhere.
smile.gif
Get it get it get it. I'm a little disappointed with the book but it's pretty good.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

that book REALLY helped me a lot when i was writing my U2 research paper a few years ago. since it couldn't be a biography, i reflected on three prominent themes in most of their songs: love, religion, and politics. that book was a life savah cuz i had song interpretations at my fingertips, not to mention quotes from the boys about the songs.

------------------
why i see your face moving in the aerospace, white light shining you're all alone...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

Back
Top Bottom