International Aid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
When disasters happen around the world, many times nations, especially the US, offer aid, either money, equipment, or manpower.

This disaster is going to strain the US economy and manpower. I know the US is cutoff from the rest of the world right now, with the planes grounded etc., but will the international community offer the US aid?

I know we're a strong, independant and proud nation, but if there was ever a time we could use international aid, it seems to me now would be the time.

What do you guys think?

My thoughts are with the families of the victims.....

I know Australia has offered "whatever it takes", full military support if it comes to that, and full aid in every way, (blood, medical, people on the ground etc).

It would probably take a couple of days for that stuff to be co-ordinated and put in place though. But I'm sure many countries, like Australia, will do whatever they can.

I found it surprising myself to hear that Fidel Castro has offered to send medical aid, and China's president has personally been on the phone with President Bush offering rescue aid.

~U2Alabama

well various american corporations are pledging millions to the families and the world bank just poured something like 8 billion liquidity into the banking system to help fortify world economies. also european markets are beginning to recover after day one, which in a very very important way is aid in and of itself.

Back
Top Bottom