Interference Note about Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether this is the Edge or isn't the Edge, whether he answers one question or a hundred or none, whether he PMs anyone or sends and e-mail, I'm glad that I don't particularly care. I love this band, but I don't feel a need to know them on a personal basis nor to correspond with them nor to ask them a dozen questions. They're great to me the way they are, and I feel like a fish out of water here, because I have little to no interest in bridging that gap and establishing contact with any of them, no matter how indirect.

Is that strange?

However, if Edge reads this and could get Larry to mail me out a 2nd stick (why he gave me only one of his drumsticks staggers the mind to this day), that would be much appreciated. :wink:

AllBecauseofYou said:
cass said:
My goodness doctor who too? Some people who haven't posted at Interference in a long long time have shown up lately :hmm: ...must be a new album due out soon?
I too am surprised Edge has chosen this format to communicate with fans. As stated before, I don't surf the net much, but I presume there are many good websites dedicated to U2. I hope he is finding time to visit them.

You dont surf the net much? 6,000 posts?

You have "obviously" never met the Edge

:hmm: ...must be a new album due out soon?

might explain why he is here at all......

I think you should be happy while he come round...because you can bet it wont last!

Howdy All Because of You.....yes I am a regular here at Interference, but believe me for someone who has been registered here since 2000 AD, 6000 isn't a large post tally compared to some. What i meant was that i don't look at other websites on the internet, even U2 ones. My net time is very limited and precious to me( I operate on solar power) so i choose to use it here at Interference. I 'm just hoping Edge pays a visit to other dedicated fan forums.

No I've never met Edge...only in my dreams and then we've never spoken.
I was joking about the "must be a new album out soon? " bit. It would be great to see some of the old regular Interference posters return.

I know if I was Morleigh, I'd kick Edge's :kiss: if I found him hanging out here. Band members have to do a certain amouint of PR with the punters, but geez if I was her, I'd have him busy fixing a leaking tap or .....something :sexywink:

anitram said:
Whether this is the Edge or isn't the Edge, whether he answers one question or a hundred or none, whether he PMs anyone or sends and e-mail, I'm glad that I don't particularly care. I love this band, but I don't feel a need to know them on a personal basis nor to correspond with them nor to ask them a dozen questions. They're great to me the way they are, and I feel like a fish out of water here, because I have little to no interest in bridging that gap and establishing contact with any of them, no matter how indirect.

Is that strange?

not really, I could care less if it's Edge or not either. And he's my favorite band member. I can say that I can easily be described as a fantatic u2 fan, but its all about the music for me. Dont get me wrong, if I could meet Edge and talk to him about his riffs over a pint, that would be surreal. But about this whole thing, I'll just go with Elvis and believe Interference.

cass said:
My goodness doctor who too? Some people who haven't posted at Interference in a long long time have shown up lately :hmm: ...must be a new album due out soon?

There are many reasons for my return... but I was gone for about 20 months, so it was a while. :)

I am surprised that Edge is writing here, as opposed to say U2.com (when they had forums). But this site definitely has the biggest fan forum, so why not?

I feel comfortable believing all the staff saying that all is legit. However, if they ultimately say "we fooled you all", I'd be worried for Joel's safety. LOL! :wink:

Bono's Tart said:

I personally dont believe that the Edge has posted and when I said that I got blasted for it in a thread in PLEBA which I found very annoying. But thats up to me!

Hey Bono's Tart, that's discouraging that this happened. I'm not surprised, but it's still discouraging.

For everyone saying "does it really matter"... um... yeah it sure does if people are being lied to by someone from this site.

oliveu2cm said:

Hey Bono's Tart, that's discouraging that this happened. I'm not surprised, but it's still discouraging.

For everyone saying "does it really matter"... um... yeah it sure does if people are being lied to by someone from this site.

It is upsetting that Bono's Tart was blasted just for expressing her concerns. Alas, PLEBA might not have been the best place to write such views. :wink:

Regarding the possibility of "being lied to"...

If it turns out that all of "The Edge's" posts were fraudulent, this site would end. Given that Joel has paying members of this site and solicits donations, that type of fraud could result in some major legal problems, including reports to the Better Business Bureaus (as Joel gets $$, this becomes a business transaction). The rebellion here would be tremendous and if I were Joel, I'd be worried for my safety (as he can be tracked down).

As such, I really can't see Joel wanting that type of negativity or anger directed his way. This alone is a main reason I believe it is The Edge! :D

There was probably a great reason why Edge didn't post as himself for so many years. Apparently, those reasons no longer exist - and I am elated to have The Edge openly amongst us! :up:

oliveu2cm said:

My point in that respect is that we cannot control what anyone does or doesn't do - it's how we all handle it (i.e. the truth or not knowing the truth) that matters. We are tearing each other apart over something that of which we may/probably never know the truth.

No one should be torn apart for their opinions, and there needs to be mutual respect on all sides.

In my opinion, it's about the bigger picture. So, yes, in that respect it doesn't matter - at least to me.

Peace.
:dance:

Besides, who's to say any of us are who we say we are - really? You never know who I could be... :wink:

caroltheone said:
Sheesh!! I just have to say that I don't like the energy of this thread.

I wouldn't normally post, but I really don't like seeing members turn on each other like this - including the "real" or the "not real" Edge. Just like anyone else, he should be able to say whatever he wants and let the moderators decide if his terminology is within parameters. And the rest of us can either agree or disagree. Regardless, even if The Edge isn't THE Edge, he seems to be a U2 fan, so he belongs here like the rest of us.

As far as the interview being legit or not - does it REALLY matter? I mean REALLY! C'mon. If it was - SUPER cool, but if not, does it REALLY matter? It was fun and exciting. Is anyone taking the info received from that or any of The Edge's posts and using it for their Ten Commandments?

Are we in danger of taking our love of U2 TOO seriously? This is supposed to be about love and admiration of U2, but most of all commraderie. Peace!

I don't know...just my 2 cents.

:dance:

For your "does it REALLY matter" statement, I have to say:

Yes, it does matter.

It matters if the site has lied to us, whether about the interview or the validity of The Edge's posts. It matters because that would mean that the site is using the band for profit (and I don't necessarily mean financial profit, I mean more posters, more interest in it) under false pretenses and that is wrong.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and mine is that I guess I'm choosing not to BeLIEve this one.

Sorry, I have nothing to add.

But if Allbecauseofyou and GazeboBlend see this, you could please email me at elevation.emt at gmail dot com?

I won't hurt you, promise. I just want to ask you both something.

Bono's Tart: all apologies :hug: ;)

caroltheone said:
Besides, who's to say any of us are who we say we are - really? You never know who I could be... :wink:

:eyebrow:

Last edited:
:shrug: i never questioned it to begin with, but then i chose to be trusting and have fun with edge posting. why wouldnt he come here instead of zootopia. it kinda sucks there now, and theres way more people here.
oh well. better not to start an interference civil war.
being a pleban, im sorry if anybody gets blasted for their opinions there. we are a bit -em-zealous around that neck of the woods :wink:

I think its sad that we have to all try to figure out if this is Edge. I am a trusting person and have trusted this site for a long time.... but for some reason, I am having a hard time beLIEving this one. And I do think its wrong so I hope it all gets worked out eventually.

Originally posted by anitram
Whether this is the Edge or isn't the Edge, whether he answers one question or a hundred or none, whether he PMs anyone or sends and e-mail, I'm glad that I don't particularly care. I love this band, but I don't feel a need to know them on a personal basis nor to correspond with them nor to ask them a dozen questions.
Is that strange?

Not to me. That's the way I feel about all this.

However, if Edge reads this and could get Larry to mail me out a 2nd stick (why he gave me only one of his drumsticks staggers the mind to this day), that would be much appreciated. :wink:
:yes: :wink:

cass said:
Some people who haven't posted at Interference in a long long time have shown up lately :hmm: ...must be a new album due out soon?

Don't get fooled by the registration date showing. I used to hang around before that.:wink:
There are a few zootopians showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom