Interference Lift me up on your shoulders, to a place where we'll never get older....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
STAY SAFE TONIGHT!

Its been real fun here so I want to say thanks to the people who made this possible and to everyone who keep it going on a daily-and nightly basis.

I want to start the new year off with a prayer and a wish, in good faith that I am very serious about my intentions.

The obvious choices would of course be good health and peace on earth, but not at the cost of anyone else. We couldn't handle it anyway, we'd find a way to muck it up somehow for sure. How about praying for GOD to give us all the blessings we CAN handle. What that is I don't know other than a good start.

And for my wish I want the fires to stop in Australia. And the floods in-is it Brazil??

I'm not trying to brag, but I gave a BIG box full of food to my food drive at work. They said mine went to an anonymous elderly widow, which was one of our many target families/people our company helped out as well as buying toys for kids. The reason I brought this up is because I wonder why I wait till Christmas to give. I can't describe the feelings I have about it but it makes me tear up a little wondering how these folks will be taken care of at times other than the holidays. I don't want them to be lonely, especially the elderly widow. I hope everyone can find the opportunity to give something to someone, most people in the forum here probably do but I mean the whole world.

I may be lonely at times, but I never feel strange when I come to this place. So when I say to 'stay safe tonight', it has a renewed meaning than that of listening to 'walk on'.

GOD BLESS

and
Buckle your damn SEATBELTS!

WOW-those are just the most beautiful thoughts I've read on here in a long time.
smile.gif
Thanks so much for sharing them. They truly brought tears to my eyes.

And just when I was feeling so down too.It's tough to express in my own words, so I'll just add the 'Streets' Psalm 116 that Bono recited..

What can I give back to God for the blessings he's poured out on me

I'll lift high the cup of salvation
A toast to God

I'll pray in the name of God
I'll complete what I promised God I'll do
And I'll do it together with his people

God Bless. We get to carry each other. Heaven on earth-we need it now.

Thanks Bonoforever and EP&America.
Peace to You!

Gina Marie I'm sorry you feel down, hope you can be lifted up and hear those bells ring.

PARADISE

Originally posted by z edge:
STAY SAFE TONIGHT!

Its been real fun here so I want to say thanks to the people who made this possible and to everyone who keep it going on a daily-and nightly basis.

I want to start the new year off with a prayer and a wish, in good faith that I am very serious about my intentions.

The obvious choices would of course be good health and peace on earth, but not at the cost of anyone else. We couldn't handle it anyway, we'd find a way to muck it up somehow for sure. How about praying for GOD to give us all the blessings we CAN handle. What that is I don't know other than a good start.

And for my wish I want the fires to stop in Australia. And the floods in-is it Brazil??

I'm not trying to brag, but I gave a BIG box full of food to my food drive at work. They said mine went to an anonymous elderly widow, which was one of our many target families/people our company helped out as well as buying toys for kids. The reason I brought this up is because I wonder why I wait till Christmas to give. I can't describe the feelings I have about it but it makes me tear up a little wondering how these folks will be taken care of at times other than the holidays. I don't want them to be lonely, especially the elderly widow. I hope everyone can find the opportunity to give something to someone, most people in the forum here probably do but I mean the whole world.

I may be lonely at times, but I never feel strange when I come to this place. So when I say to 'stay safe tonight', it has a renewed meaning than that of listening to 'walk on'.

GOD BLESS

and
Buckle your damn SEATBELTS!

That was beautiful. I just wanted to add that if you are drinking tonight then to make sure that you have a designated driver or take public transportation, and that even if you aren't drinking, then other people will be so be very careful on the road tonight!!!

May we find Peace on Earth in the New Year!!!

take me to a place we can never get over...ring those bells edge

the goal is soul!

happy new year- may we all become better people, as well as better nations, this year.

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values. I'm not interested inpolitics like people fighting back with sticks and stones, but in the politics of love. I think there is nothing more radical than two people's loving each other, because it's so infrequent." - Bono 1983

"Grace overpowers karma. Grace rewards where rewards are not justified."
-Bono, 2000

"Peace doesn't exist, it's brought into being." - Bono Zoo TV Interview

The only limits are the limits of our imagination! -Bono, Dublin, New Year's 89-90

"You have made people listen. You have made people care, and you have taught us that whether we are poor or prosperous, we have only one world to share. You have taught young people that they do have the power to change the world." -Kofi Annan (UN Secretary General) pays tribute to Bono, November 1999.

*Picks up and cuddles the cute little puppy*
biggrin.gif

What a wonderful post! Yes - eternal youth for us all!
smile.gif

I'll say I wish for the same....and a healthy, happy, safe, and prosperous New Year for everyone.
2002 HAS to be better than 2001!!!
frown.gif

I hope and pray that it is...

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

This year, as in previous years I am the charity case and have been unable to do much to help others.
frown.gif

Last Christmas however, i sent 2 HUGE boxes of Christmas goodies and cards to (mostly) Army troops overseas!
smile.gif

I got an email back from one of them, as well as email from a lady who works for the charity i did this through. It was so much fun, and i know they enjoyed it. That made me so happy... It really can be as much fun to give as to receive!!
In 2002 I hope to be in a position to do even more - much more.
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 12-31-2001).]

Bless you!
I once was a troop overseas at Christmas, and I can tell you we appreciated anything and everything we got. Even just a newspaper would make our day.
You rule!
Stay evil though
wink.gif

Z Edge...Never fear...MacPhisto is forever!
biggrin.gif

But yeah, you wonder exactly who it is I'm praying to...And what I'm asking for.
tongue.gif

bWaH aHaHHa hA!!!

Gold Lame` for everyone! Wheeeeee!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 12-31-2001).]

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Z Edge...Never fear...MacPhisto is forever!
biggrin.gif

But yeah, you wonder exactly who it is I'm praying to...And what I'm asking for.
tongue.gif

bWaH aHaHHa hA!!!

Gold Lame` for everyone! Wheeeeee!

If you kiss me I will turn into a frog

Back
Top Bottom