Interesting video- Bono and the Fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob33

Rock n' Roll Doggie
alright I have not a clue as to where this belongs, so I guess I'll just post it here :)

this is a random video I came across on youtube in which Bono invites a fan up onto a truck in New York...I don't know exactly why I'm posting this other than I just think this is a really cool thing to do on Bono's behalf, and I find this video very interesting...the whole band seems laid back and casual and it's great to see a band such as U2 like this, interacting with the fans like so...

could someone please tell me though what is going on in this video exactly? Like what does that fan hand Bono? Why a truck? Thanks..here it is! Enjoy. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rrmJFPSqssg&feature=related

Last edited:
Rosebud said:
Excited is one thing. That guy had some balls to ask to sing with them. If I met them I'm not sure if I would remember how to inhale/exhale...

haha, yeah...it always amazes how wonderful U2 fans perform with/around U2 be it a concert or a random encounter with them such as this...for instance that guy that was called up to play piano to wild horses in Hawaii..he was composed (at least enough to get through the song haha) and did a great job! And in this video we saw the same thing :) They seem to rise to the occasion every time...It's great!

btw, thanks for that vid DS! I think you're right :)

Last edited:
This must be from MTV Jammed (the Brooklyn Bridge concert). The whole thing is really good if you haven't seen it.

Awww, did you notice how Bono seemed to actually be enjoying it once Marcel got going, maybe as a memory of his dad for a moment? Remember how he would do snipets of that song in concert.
Thanks for the vid, good one!!!

yes I'm glad you bring that up laxmi... Bono's stature as Marcel is singing is very interesting..he just stands there peering upward with a sort of small smile, and as time progresses he starts smiling and almost laughing to himself...anyway, entertaining stuff!

Rachel D. said:
This must be from MTV Jammed (the Brooklyn Bridge concert). The whole thing is really good if you haven't seen it.

I taped this when it was shown and everytime I watched it I kept a huge smile on my face. It was awesome. :drool:
My roommate at the time, decided to tape a Martha Stewart show and taped over it. I nearly died. Can you imagin MS over U2 :| She thought I was going to kill her. Almost did.. :wink:
Wish they would run it again so I could get another copy.

Excellent vidoes! It's great getting to see the interaction with fans. Gotta luv that about them

sue4u2 said:

I taped this when it was shown and everytime I watched it I kept a huge smile on my face. It was awesome. :drool:
My roommate at the time, decided to tape a Martha Stewart show and taped over it. I nearly died. Can you imagin MS over U2 :| She thought I was going to kill her. Almost did.. :wink:

that is seriously a tragedy-

maybe one day ......

U2 gives us the warm and fuzzies!!!!!!!!!!!!

sue4u2 said:

next time you need to take out the little tabby thing:tsk: or write on it U2-DON'T TAPE OVER:mad:

Rob33 said:
alright I have not a clue as to where this belongs, so I guess I'll just post it here :)

this is a random video I came across on youtube in which Bono invites a fan up onto a truck in New York...I don't know exactly why I'm posting this other than I just think this is a really cool thing to do on Bono's behalf, and I find this video very interesting...the whole band seems laid back and casual and it's great to see a band such as U2 like this, interacting with the fans like so...

could someone please tell me though what is going on in this video exactly? Like what does that fan hand Bono? Why a truck? Thanks..here it is! Enjoy. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rrmJFPSqssg&feature=related

omg! :ohmy: :hyper:

I have never seen that part of the video.. Where did it come from?

so so cool!

Re: Re: Interesting video- Bono and the Fans!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

omg! :ohmy: :hyper:

I have never seen that part of the video.. Where did it come from?

so so cool!

devils shoes says it came from a break on the ABOY video filming, and this looks correct..

Re: Re: Re: Interesting video- Bono and the Fans!

Rob33 said:

devils shoes says it came from a break on the ABOY video filming, and this looks correct..

thanks.. got that.. is this extra stuff available somewhere to download? Like a torrent maybe.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom