Interesting bono mention in Noel Gallagher interview...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popsadie

Acrobat
found this post on alt.music....

Spotted this couple of paragraphs in the middle of an interview
with Noel Gallagher of Oasis, published in The Times on Saturday
29th September:

More recently Gallagher has made friends with Bono of U2. They discuss religion. "I said to him: 'Look, you believe in it all. I'm Catholic same as you. Can you explain it to me?' He sat down for two hours and made a lot of sense."

"I was going, 'You drink and all the rest of it and make millions of pounds, tell me how you pray?' He made tons of sense. Couple of days later this parcel turned up at my house. A book each for me and Sara.
One's called What's So Amazing About Grace? and the other's Searching For My Hidden God, or summat. And his dad had just died! How dificult must that be? Takes time out because two people were interested. What a guy. I'm going to have a good read of this book."

I remember Bono dedicating One to Liam Gallagher at the Earls
Court gig on 18th August, I wonder if this has anything to do
with it?

Mark

Definatly interesting, I would love hear the explanation. Might be, after all he was in the audience.
I would love to find those books, but it would be completely stupid of me since I have plenty to do as it is.

Sorry double post

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 09-30-2001).]

Originally posted by mbi16:

I would love to find those books, but it would be completely stupid of me since I have plenty to do as it is.

Well if you do find the time, the book What's So Amazing About Grace is written by Philip Yancey. I just read it this summer, it's really good!

That was a really nice story to hear!

yeah..i'd second that reccomendation for "what's so amazing about grace"..to be honest i don't usually like christian book store authors..but I really like this guy. He also has a book called "the jesus I never knew" that I'd highly reccomend. Both are passionate, intelligent and literate investigations and explorations of the nature of grace, faith and holiness...anyways
smile.gif

Popsadie,
Mucho thanks for posting both the excerpt and the other book title. I listen to U2 because Bono sings about a kind of spiritual life that I actually live... deeply committed and utterly uncontainable by any mainstream church. So before work tomorrow? I'll be picking up Yancey's book. Thanks, Darlin'.

Deb D

------------------
***the goal is Soul***

I thought Bono was neither Catholic nor Protestant. Has he finally become solely a Catholic?

I found the first book on Amazon.com but nothing about the second book. Does anyone know anything about this book?

Wow, Bono keeps blowing me away, what a guy!
I'm going to look for "What's So Amazing About Grace?" at the local library.

socalu2fan, I believe Bono's Mom was Protestant and his Dad was Catholic.
He was probably exposed to both religions when growing up.
He's been wearing his Rosary most of the time and made the sign of the cross before some of the shows.

i'm not letting this post drop until i get answers so if i am the only punk posting until then...TOO BAD!

awww, he's so amazing! What a cool guy Bono is! WOW! I need to find that book too! Thanks for sharing that popsadie.

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Yancey also wrote a book called Reaching for the Invisible God...I wonder if this is what Noel meant by Searching for the Hidden God? Any thoughts? Sorry if I am getting on anyone's nerves...its just that things like this are what fascinate me the most about Bono.

[This message has been edited by socalu2fan (edited 10-01-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom