Intentionally Cruel Reviews (with apologies to Maddox)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonochick said:
I didn't think it was cool to call "Discotheque" gay, but I figured I'd just let that one go...but I felt yours crossed the line.

Sheesh, people razz on me for reprimanding too much, and now I've basically been told I'm not reprimanding enough! Therefore, it is once again proven that it's impossible for a moderator to please everyone.

Naturally. Mine always crosses the line.

I'm not saying it should have been reprimanded at all! But if you're going to slap my wrist for telling a joke, you can at least apply the rule to other people in the thread. Now you just singled me out.
I hate it when cops ticket me for speeding when everyone else around me is speeding too.

PlaTheGreat said:

Naturally. Mine always crosses the line.

I can't help what content you choose to post. Not my fault. :shrug:

PlaTheGreat said:

I'm not saying it should have been reprimanded at all!

Yet you felt it was bad enough to point it out once you get reprimanded for something.

PlaTheGreat said:

But if you're going to slap my wrist for telling a joke, you can at least apply the rule to other people in the thread.

Okay.

Hey, everybody...the rules apply to everybody. Everybody follow them. Otherwise, this thread is being closed.

PlaTheGreat said:

Now you just singled me out.

And instead of just saying, "Okay, I'm sorry" or not saying anything and just moving on, you had to make it an issue.

PlaTheGreat said:

I hate it when cops ticket me for speeding when everyone else around me is speeding too.

Life is so unfair sometimes.

JMScoopy said:
:lol:

another thread bites the dust. gotta love it when people gotta argue about stupid shit

It's not "stupid shit"...they're called "rules".

And this thread has not bitten the dust. I'm not closing it...not yet, anyway. Feel free to continue to post intentionally cruel reviews, so long as you aren't breaking rules.

Er, back to the funny stuff, maybe?

Gloria: Wow, Satan does have a sense of humour.
I Fall Down: Piano, eh, Bono? Don't quit your day job.
I Threw A Brick Through A Window: You threw a shit onto the album.
Rejoice: Because there's nothing better than half-formed idealistic lyrics that go nowhere.
Fire: Falling, falling, the quality of this album is falling ...
Tomorrow: Won't this album be gone tomorrow?
October: This song goes on and on too long too. Couldn't Edge find any more keys on his piano, so he just played this repetitive dross?
With A Shout: With a wimper, you mean.
Stranger In A Strange Land: I wish I was out of earshot of this shite.
Scarlet: Rejoice ... the album's nearly over!
Is That All?: Yes, thank goodness.

Sunday Bloody Sunday - More like some day buddy, someday you'll write a decent tune!
Seconds - Takes a second to say goodbye, say goodbye and hit the skip button. Next!
New Year's Day - I will beee with you again... complex lyrics. :applaud:
Like A Song - Too right to be wrong in this rebel song??? Thank you, captain obvious.
Drowning Man - Is there anything to this song other than the repetitive take my hand... & don't let go.... :suck:
The Refugee - Woah woooooooah, I like to shout out of tune and write crap
Two Hearts - 2 hearts beat as one??? love song in an album about war? I think I'm gonna be :sick:
Red Light - umm... worst song ever???
Surrender - Boooooooooooring
40 - I will sing.. sing a new song. God, I hope so cos this one sucks the big one!

JT

WTSHNN - I want to run and hide from Bono's wailing.
ISTHFWILF - You're right, guitar creativity is still out there somewhere.
WOWY - Without me. Please.
BTBS - Bullet this song.
RTSS - Bitter the sounds in my head after listening to this.
RHMT - "I'm still waiting" to hear good music.
IGC - Sleep comes after a boring song like this.
TTYW - The Dalton Brothers made an appearance! Thank God they never lasted.
OTH - There's a lot of begging in this song, but they prolly should've prayed instead. Prayed for good music.
Exit - I will. Right before this song starts.
MOTD - They disappeared as soon as this song started playing.

My turn! Here's UF...:drool:

1. ASOH - Boring, overly-dramatic lyrics that border too close to new-agey crap.
2. Pride - Was terrible the first time I heard it, now it's 20x worse.
3. Wire - It sounds like Bono took a long dump when he was singing this. And then rapped. :|
4. The UF - It's named after an album that sucks. Next.
5. Promenade - Lazy. Guys, you can write a song that's longer than 2 minutes!
6. 4th Of July - Pointless filler.
7. Bad - Good live, a total piece of crap on the album.
8. Indian Summer Sky - Freakin terrible.
9. Elvis Presley And America - Not only is it anti-creative, but it also sounds horrible.
10. MLK - Boring, lazy filler.

And there you go. :wink:

PlaTheGreat said:
The worst U2 album of all time:

Achtung Baby

Zoo Station - Thanks for singing into a tin can for entire fucking song, Bonehead
Even Better Than The Real Thing - What real thing? Your harmony with The Cutting Edge sucks.
One - :yawn: Call us when you grow your War mini-balls back again.
Until The End Of The World - It was all right until I realized you were singing about Jesus. :mad: Keep your crap band secular, please.
Whose Gonna Give A Crap About Long Titles? - Worst lyrics ever.
So Cruel - Exactly. It's cruel to make anyone listen to this song.
The Fly - Oh God. THIS IS WHAT STARTED THE SUNGLASSES THING, ISN'T IT?! :scream:
Mysterious Ways - It's not all right, it's not all right, it's not all right, it's not all right, you sing in mystically crappy ways.
Try To Keep Your Song Titles Down To 4-5 Words - :yawn: Fish on bicycles? Who are you kidding!
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) - Thanks for dropping your drumsticks mid-song, idiot. Bono, I'll "baby, baby, baby" your face. :mad:
Acrobat - ... You can swallow, you can spit? What kind of homosexual propaganda is this? Are you trying to come out to the world, Bono?!
Love is Blindness - What's with the church organ in the beginning? :down: The rest of it is slightly better, but what a boring album closer. :yawn:

I know you are joking, that is why I am LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :FUNNY!!!

Guys, everything U2 has ever done is gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay. Gay.

Seriously! "I move in, I move out, hands up now hands down BACK UP BACK UP TELL ME WHAT YA GONNA DO NOW" is better than everything Bono has ever written.

Who has a name like Bono anyway? Ha, it sounds like Boner ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah aha ha ah aha ha akjdha d.

Actually, ya know what? We're done. This has gone from song descriptions with a bit of tongue-in-cheek humor to just stupid U2 insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom