Instrumental songs from Salome bootleg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
Talking about the Salome bootleg...what?s your opinion on instrumental tracks, like number 6 and 7 from disc 2 (named as Take Today and Even Better Than the Real Thing on Interference Lyrics Archive site) or number 7 from disc 3 (Unnamed)...or even track 9 from disc 1 (named Here Comes the Sunset) which is partially instrumental...do you like them? Do you usually listen to any of them? Do you think U2 should create more instrumental songs?

Me? I like them. Although they are not finished and polished songs I appreciate to be able to focus on their instrumental skills and arrangement...without the magic of Bono?s voice to distract me. :sexywink:

And you?

:cool:

While I haven't heard all of the Axtung Beibi or Salome outtakes or however you care to refer to them, I do like the instrumentals I've heard from them. It's interesting to see how they formed the songs that became Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and even scraggled onto POP. I definately enjoy Passengers and MDH, especially the instrumentals. I think you can kind of look at the Salome outtakes that do have vocals as a kind of instrumental because on most of them Bono is either humming or something like humming. Plus, the words make no sense what-so-ever when he is singing. It's like he is just using words to make a melody and will actually come up with something that isn't nonsense later. Well, i've kinda started to ramble, but bottome line: U2 has made some incredible instrumental pieces that should not be overlooked!

Back
Top Bottom