Instant karma's gonna get him, if WE don't get him first

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
G728356.jpg

------------------
Because Love is big
And Love is tough
But Love is not what you're thinking of

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

Whoa. Does this scare anyone but me?

And for the record, what does the title of this post mean? What's istant karma? (besides a phrase in a John Lennon song...what's it mean?)

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:

And for the record, what does the title of this post mean? What's istant karma? (besides a phrase in a John Lennon song...what's it mean?)

Yeah, it is scary!

Instant karma- from U2's song, God Part II

------------------
Because Love is big
And Love is tough
But Love is not what you're thinking of

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

well I know what karma means, but I haven't heard the exact explanation of the expression, but I would guess that 'instant karma' means something along the lines of being punished (by God ....)for something terrible you've commited, right away..
Putting it short ; you're going to hell NOW!
I'm just guessing here, might be wrong
smile.gif

Karma does not necessarily relate to God.
Its the spiritual idea that you get back what you give out. People who do something bad will have something bad happen to them, people who commit acts of kindness will have good things happen to them. I believe its roots may actually be Hindu.

"Instant Karma" is the title of a John Lennon Song. It was referenced in a line in U2's God partII, which as we all know (don't we now?) was a song written as a sort of sequel to John Lennon's song "God".

Aerosmith references karma in "Dream On"..."All the things that you do, come back to you!"

Originally posted by Hewson:
Its the spiritual idea that you get back what you give out. People who do something bad will have something bad happen to them, people who commit acts of kindness will have good things happen to them. I believe its roots may actually be Hindu.

Pretty good.

------------------
THNIK

The dictionary says it comes from Hinduism and Buddhism-and means the total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of his existence, regarded as determining his or her destiny.

oops sorry for my poor explanation, I really have to go study some buddhism right away... I should know this stuff.. don't listen to me, listen to hewson and gina marie
smile.gif

This vast universe is a wheel. Upon it are all creatures that are subject to birth, death, and rebirth. Round and round it turns, and never stops. It is the wheel of Univese. As long as the individual self thinks it is separate from Universe, it revolves upon the wheel in bondage to the laws of birth, death, and rebirth. But when through the grace of "good actions" it realizes its identity with him, it revolves upon the wheel no longer. It achieves immortality.

Thats what I've learned.

------------------
THNIK

I thnik the last one was a bit complicated, so here's an another try.

According to the doctrine of karma, for every morally determinate thought, word, or action, there will be corresponding karmic compensation, if not in this life, then in some future life. As a man sows, so shall he reap.

------------------
THNIK

Originally posted by U2FReAk:
oops sorry for my poor explanation, I really have to go study some buddhism right away... I should know this stuff.. don't listen to me, listen to hewson and gina marie
smile.gif

I don't think that was a poor explanation-instant would be right away. And you have the essence of it-that basically 'what you do comes back to you'-whether someone wants to think of it in a religious way is their choice.

Shame on me, but certain people and their actions make you wish for Karma-but I leave that up to God.

Originally posted by NicaMom:
In common words, "what goes around, comes around".
oops, that can't be good

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:

Do not fear. The only people who need to be scared are the terrorists in this world.

Back
Top Bottom