Instant Karma trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"the greatest music ever written"

"...ruined by the greatest artists of our time".

The U2 bit sounds pretty cool. Granted, they're not playing a U2 song...but I was a little surprised to see that it didn't have a U2 feel to it in any way at all. Which could be a good thing, I suppose---if this single, plus working in Abbey Road, plus the Beatles-y sound to WITS, plus the desire to make melody-heavy songs all combine to lead them down the road to a new sound for them for the next album. As long as it's not "U2 For Sale: Copying the Beatles." :wink:

The "on and on and on and on" part sounded less like Bono and more like Edge..or maybe Bono with some heavy effects on his voice.

i like how when he says "recorded by the greatests artists of our time" avril lavigne's name scrolls by

Sounds fine to me. Basically sounds like they took the version they did live into the studio and polished it up a little.

U2Man said:
"the greatest music ever written"

"...ruined by the greatest artists of our time".
:lmao:

From the sample, I am pretty upbeat about U2's Karma cover, actually. The verses sound like the vocals have been phoned-in, but when the chorus kicks in, Edge's guitar and Larry's thumping drums are great :up:

You people laugh at Avril now, but did you know John Lennon wrote Girlfriend 30 years ago?

Yeah, it was a lost gem.

Canadiens1160 said:

:lmao:

From the sample, I am pretty upbeat about U2's Karma cover, actually. The verses sound like the vocals have been phoned-in, but when the chorus kicks in, Edge's guitar and Larry's thumping drums are great :up:

agreed. u2's contribution might not be that bad. i also quite liked the live version.

but i'm 99.99% sure that i don't want any of the other stuff anywhere near me.

Canadiens1160 said:

:yes: I feel the same way. They're in pretty good form on this one, and if the full version is anything like they do when they do it live, it'll be pretty good.

U2Man said:

but i'm 99.99% sure that i don't want any of the other stuff anywhere near me.

Same here. I feel like one should technically buy the disc since it's going to a very worthy cause.....but if you only want one song from the lot....:shrug:

wayne travis's avatars, the greatest asses of our time.......

the u2 bit sounds good the rest ....pffffffffffffft.....

can i get the u2 bit without the rest and without the guilt of not saving Dafur... :hmm:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom