INFO: Be careful what you beLIEve! Tour cancellation info.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Well, I've been sitting on the side lines since the news of this broke earlier today...

I've read some of the rumors, and I've been passed some OTHER rumors from pretty reliable sources.

I instantly starting doing a bit of detective work, contacting several people... and as of this point I have not got a confirmation or denial on ANY of the rumors (some of which are very credible but have not yet leaked to the masses (fans/news/etc)).

As soon as I do get some 'official' statement I will post it.

Please TRY to be patient and not jump to conclusions. There must be a very good reason that this leg of the tour has been cancelled, and I'm sure it's in the band's best interest. Please try to keep this in mind.

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

I think it's very wise of them. They need time off, time away from the spot light. They can now devote a lot of time to the next album. Overexposure can hurt a band more than anything.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Thank you, Elvis!

Keep us posted!
smile.gif

I can officially confirm that this leg of the Tour has NOT been cancelled.The fact of the matter is that neither the band or Paul McGuiness announced a next leg in the first place.This was all online rumours and they have been blown out of the water.
Roll on the next album because U2 arent touring in the summer.

Cheers.
Henke.

Originally posted by henke_149:
I can officially confirm that this leg of the Tour has NOT been cancelled.The fact of the matter is that neither the band or Paul McGuiness announced a next leg in the first place.This was all online rumours and they have been blown out of the water.
Roll on the next album because U2 arent touring in the summer.

Cheers.
Henke.

The band has even been quoted mentioning the upcoming summer tour... officially announced or not, it was planned, dates had been booked, and it was being mentioned from within. If you have some OFFICIAL information, besides rewording the VAGUE news bit at u2.com, please state what it is.

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

Originally posted by Elvis:

The band has even been quoted mentioning the upcoming summer tour... officially announced or not, it was planned, dates had been booked, and it was being mentioned from within. If you have some OFFICIAL information, besides rewording the VAGUE news bit at u2.com, please state what it is.

I think it was either BONO or EDGE who mentionned something about a tour

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Originally posted by kobayashi:
thank you elvis. it is nice to have voices of reason amidst the madness.
what madness?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
what madness?
the madness of all these rumors. rumors which beget new rumors. and so on and so forth.

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 03-12-2002).]

ah yes,
that reminds me

ADAM DOESN'T REALLY LIKE VEGETABLES

discuss

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

ah yes,
that reminds me

discuss

Oh no this is horrible. Not even carrots????????? How could anyone not like carrots??????

*runs back to PLEBA crying*

tongue.gif
wink.gif

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

http://communities.msn.com/Piccies

[This message has been edited by daisybean (edited 03-12-2002).]

ah yes,
that reminds me

discuss

well he's a jackass then!
he owes it to the veggies to enjoy them!

ah yes,
that reminds me

discuss

*is getting perklempt a la linda richmond*

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Stemming from an email sent to me from Willie Williams (or at least a mailing list he put me on) I was led to believe that there would be a tour.

The exact quote was:

"Having just survived Superbowl, I?ll be back at the helm of the U2 ship in July when we do a round of European stadiums. Rumour has it that this tour will end one day!

W.W"

This, of course, led me to believe that there would be a short tour. I thought it would be following a new album or EP much like after Zooropa was released but my suspicions are as follows:

1. I bet the band did plan these dates (with or without Oasis)

2. I bet they are working on a new album and wanted to get some new songs ont he road

3. I bet there is a very good chance that they did cancel the shows to complete a new album

4. I bet there will be a tour following a new album taking them through Europe, South America and then maybe a few shows in the US sometime in 2003.

Of course this is all heresay, but from the email I received, I have to think that the summer tour was at least in the planning stages...

Ouizy

Originally posted by lemongirl:
Well, I assume its pretty offical since its on U2.com

"Stories have been swirling round the net for some time about possible dates in 2002 but contrary to current rumours there'll be no U2 dates this summer.

If U2 have any tour dates to announce in the future you can be sure U2.Com will bring them to you as soon as they are officially confirmed."

Now, excuse me while I throw a huge tantrum and then pout for a LONG period of time....

Lemongirl

You were planning on going to Europe to see them?

Originally posted by MSU2mike:
You were planning on going to Europe to see them?

Yes, I was planning on going to Europe. I have a friend who is in Austria right now and her family has an apartment in Norway. Well, the good news I'll save some money!

Lemongirl

I was planning on going to Europe with or without the tour going on. So, this will probably save me quite a bit of $$, and will allow me to travel on my own terms, rather than racing from city to city. Not that bad.
smile.gif

Originally posted by anitram:
I was planning on going to Europe with or without the tour going on. So, this will probably save me quite a bit of $$, and will allow me to travel on my own terms, rather than racing from city to city. Not that bad.
smile.gif

same here. Although my trip is planned for August and beyond and I probably would miss any summer tour dates regardless. lol.

Well, I assume its pretty offical since its on U2.com

"Stories have been swirling round the net for some time about possible dates in 2002 but contrary to current rumours there'll be no U2 dates this summer.

If U2 have any tour dates to announce in the future you can be sure U2.Com will bring them to you as soon as they are officially confirmed."

Now, excuse me while I throw a huge tantrum and then pout for a LONG period of time....

Lemongirl

Originally posted by ouizy:

1. I bet the band did plan these dates (with or without Oasis)

2. I bet they are working on a new album and wanted to get some new songs ont he road

3. I bet there is a very good chance that they did cancel the shows to complete a new album

4. I bet there will be a tour following a new album taking them through Europe, South America and then maybe a few shows in the US sometime in 2003.

Of course this is all heresay, but from the email I received, I have to think that the summer tour was at least in the planning stages...

Ouizy

I bet you're right Ouizy
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom