Infinity - The Gap Between Bomb and Bomb Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I find it really amazing how much better the Bomb songs are live than they were in the studio. I honestly can't listen to the studio versions of MD, COBL, OOTS, or Yahweh anymore, and LAPOE, Sometimes, and Vertigo are incredible too. They are all INFINITELY better live on the Chicago DVD than in the studio. I have put together this playlist/running order in ITunes...

City Of Blinding Lights(Live From Chicago)
Vertigo(Live From Chicago)
Miracle Drug(Live From Chicago)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own(Live From Chicago)
Love And Peace Or Else(Live From Chicago)
Fast Cars(Album/Studio - because this song is :drool: and should have been on the standard album)
A Man And A Woman(Album - because it's beautiful and underrated)
Original Of The Species(Live From Chicago - All Keyboards is the way to go)
Yahweh(Live From Chicago, Acoustic :drool:-ness)

That playlist >> x infinity Regular HTDAAB imho

I have never felt this satisfied after listening to Bomb songs.

Oh, and before you ask, set a small crossfade in ITunes and the transition from live LAPOE to studio FC will be surprisingly smooth.

And I didn't put ABOY or Crumbs in because I just am not crazy about those tunes.

Last edited:
No "All Because Of You" and keeping "A Man and a Woman" :yuck: but not "Crumbs From Your Table" = INSTANT FAIL

And that's a fact!

In my opinion. :wink:

I agree Bomb is very strong live - the only two songs that didn't do much for me were All because of you (somehow it didn't take off live like Vertigo and Love and peace) and the acoustic (why not full band?) Yahweh. That said, I still play all of the songs on the album.

Original of the species - the full-band version tries too hard to top the IMO magic studio version, but it fails. I think I'm liking the early piano version better each time I hear it.

U2girl said:
the acoustic (why not full band?) Yahweh.

I've never had such differing opinions on a song based on studio vs live. I actually don't like studio yahweh at all, but the acoustic live version is just :drool: It's more melancholy and less uplifting than the studio versions and for this song, that is a good thing.

I miss Edge's chiming guitar and the "the sun is coming up" part (best bit in the whole song for me) live. Larry's keyboard is also not better than the album piano/synth combo. I think the song should be more soaring live.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
I miss Edge's chiming guitar and the "the sun is coming up" part (best bit in the whole song for me) live. Larry's keyboard is also not better than the album piano/synth combo.

I think that's the silliest part of the DVD, seeing larry standing there pressing a key with his finger over and over. lol. Is it just me? :reject:

glad to see youre starting to like the bomb songs more.

i pretty much like all the songs better live...especially vertigo circa 3rd leg. way better than the first leg vertigo, i just like the introduction of it better with the bass and what have you.

any original is good original, and i like the fact that we have different versions to listen to.

i can't stand Yahweh on the album, i think it's awful but that acoustic version is 1,000,000 times better and changes the song completely:drool:

Back
Top Bottom