Indie Rock SCAM: uses U2 for ratings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoorock Girl! said:
Big deal. So they didn't play it, yeah it was dumb of them to advertise it, but so what. We'll hear the song within weeks anyway.

it is not so much the song as it is about moral and false advertising.

Bono's shades said:

It's too bad that in a world where Clear Channel dominates radio that one of the few indie stations on the airwaves shows so little class. All they are doing is alienating a whole bunch of potential listeners. I liked some of the music they played when they weren't playing U2 but there is no way in hell I'm going to listen to this station ever again.

Who said clear channel had class? Go figure

starsgoblue said:
Diemen...if you don't care about the situation then why do you keep posting to "let it go". Just ignore this thread.

Good point. For someone who doesn't care, he sure expresses interest in this by rehashing the same sentiment over and over again.

Diemen said:
Because, to be honest, all this hysteria and letter writing is only representing the U2 fanbase as a gullible and bitter crowd to the outside world.

gullible is a little harsh

there is nothing wrong with someone being excited about a band or music. I personally didn't sit by the computer for 11 hours but I do not think that those who did were gullible when the same songs were repeated. It is all a matter of opinion in the end and I respect yours.

GibsonGirl said:

Yes! Most people think it's a reference to Mel Gibson... :lol:

You're one of the first to get it right!

nice! i've had my Les Paul for 3 months now and i'm still in awe.

mikal said:

nice! i've had my Les Paul for 3 months now and i'm still in awe.

Oh, I'd kill for a Les Paul...I'd kill for any Gibson, in fact. They're too expensive for my budget so I'm stuck with cheap knock-offs. But luckily, I have a generous cousin back home in S. Africa who owns a vintage Les Paul...it's pure magic playing that thing.

Back
Top Bottom