Indian Summer Sky vs. Bullet The Blue Sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MumblingBono

War Child
Seems like a fair fight. Bullet gets minimal respect around here considering it's a live staple that the band clearly adores...Indian Summer does have that cool breathing/panting thing going on in the chorus though:up:

I'll say Bullet

Bullet but only cause of the rhythm section. I love Indian sky for different reasons.

I like them both. Bullet is a great song, especially the Zoo YV version. ISS is a forgotten gem that U2 and time have shortchanged by never playing it again.

Bullet, but Indian is much better than it gets credit for.

Now, sticking with UF representation, had you said Bullet vs. Wire I would have to go with Wire. I think Wire is the best of the 'never talked about' songs.

What is Indian , I don't even remember it , but Bullet ......

So it's like Bullet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> indian

:wink:

Is Indian Summer Sky the one that goes "And you know... like no one told you how, and you feel, like blah blah da da da... and you pick me up, bits and pieces, on this flooooor" (just trying to make sure i remember it right)

I'll go with Bullet the Blue Sky because is a genial and different moment in U2's career and catalogue. However, Indian Summer Sky follows closely, it's different too, kind of ska even...

Indian Summer Sky is a fantastic song; I can't believe it is so overlooked. I would say it defeats the studio Bullet by a good - but not extreme - margin.

However, the ZooTV live version of Bullet is one of the best things U2 has ever done, so if it were ZooTV Bullet versus ISS, I'd definitely say that ISS loses.

Bullet is in my Top 10 U2 tunes.

even though it's not a popular opinion, i think it's awesome that Bullet is a tour staple.

mikal said:
Bullet is in my Top 10 U2 tunes.

even though it's not a popular opinion, i think it's awesome that Bullet is a tour staple.

:yes: I've been listening to a lot of bootlegs lately, and I never thought about it but Bullet is one of those songs I really look forward to in a show. Vertigo tour aside (with that awful slow Johnny/Hands interlude), it's always stood as a centerpiece of their shows, and for a good reason. The album version is good in its own way, but live it just gains intensity and emotion that help it blow a lot of other songs out of the water.

Bullet is obviously a U2 fave and a classi part of the live set but Indian Summer Sky is a beautiful song that is overlooked and under-played.
i'm putting it on right now.
It is a perfect fall track (then again UF is a fall album)

Bullet wins by an absolute country mile.

Indian Summer Sky is one of the dullest things i've heard U2 do. The worst song on the UF IMO.

Indian

Bullet as done on ZooTV was an awesome *PRODUCTION* as well as performance, but it has been overplayed to death. Last 2 tours it has been a tired old warhorse, one of the "4 that have to go"

Along with Pride, New Years Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday in case you were wondering.

Back
Top Bottom