In the name of love Live from Chicago bugs me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2lunatic said:
On version from Old Grey Whistle Test '87 Edge plays with Gibson, like on studio version and he gets very nice sound the best I've heard from him on Pride live. Although it's pretty messed up version I think that regarding sound its very good version.

Oh, yes, agreed! That version had slipped my mind. I consider that one and the aforementioned 1984 Wellington performance to be superior to the album version. I'm also kinda partial to 30 December 1989, Dublin; it's not as good as the album version but it ends strongly.

I think the album version of Pride is fuckin' killer, but I barely can't stand almost all the live versions.

It's brilliant live, the intor sends chills.....amazing song live, better than With Or Without You and Bullet and End Of World

U2girl said:
Did Edge ever play the album solo on Pride live ? I think he usually goes back to the notes from the verse. That could upgrade the live version a bit.

Yep, on this Wellington version, great version, thanks Axver :wink:

I like too the 1984 Dortmund version, but usually I hate live versions of Pride, the album version is unbeatable, and on my favorite (by far!) U2 album :drool: :drool:

actully I would argue that Bono's vocals on Pride were great for most of the vertigo tour I would say better than he ever had sung it before. He held in the naaaaaaaaaaaame of love in full voice and in the origninal key (or at least pretty close) instead of just screaming the chorus like in late 80's

However that is what pisses me off about Chicago of all the great Pride vocal preformances on the vertigo tour what are the odds that we get the one of the few nights on DVD where he couldnt preform

arzcrack said:
I don't think Bono sung anything better on the vertigo tour than on previous tours. I think his voice peaked 89-92. Too many darts since then.

So tell me why:

- On Vertigo tour Bono hit the high C serval times on "Wide Awake" i Bad, but didnt on the tours 89-92.

- Bono hit the high C in "Don't You Look Back" in WGRYWH on Vertigo, he didnt in 92-93.

- Bono holded high notes in 5-11 seconds on Vertigo tour, he didnt in 89-92.

- Bono holded the chours in Pride on Vertigo tour, he didnt in 89-92.

- The last performence of Desire(London 2007) he sang " sister I can't let you go" as in the original studio version something he didnt in 92-93.

Bono's voice on the Vertigo tour reached a new high, and it's even better now, judging from the latest recordings from London.

Back
Top Bottom