In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows the learnt to swim!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

voxson

The Fly
Until the end of the world is a song that has never been one of my U2 favourites...
...until now!

I don't know why I had never appreciated this song before but I can tell you what I like about it so much now. First of all it's Bono's vocals in this song. It's not a song for someone to show off his vocal chords, it's a song Bono sings with an epic style. Take the "In the garden I was playing the tart, I kissed your lips and broke your heart" part for instance. It's not a tremendously difficult part to sing (even I with a bad voice tone can catch the tune) but Bono just says it so nicely.. I just love it..

And it's also the lyrics. My favourite part being "In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows the learnt to swim". I rephrased this line and put it on a t-shirt "In my drink I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learnt to swim".

Gotta go now and drown some sorrows...

Andy

Yea, I never noticed how good of a song it was - actually how good AB was until i sat down and listened to it thruthfully.

It's an awesome song, great lyrics...I love:

"In the garden I was playing guitar, I kissed your lips and broke your heart"

And of course the "love, love" at the end is awesome. Awesome live song to! Another U2 classic......

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Originally posted by baker6621:
It's an awesome song, great lyrics...I love:

"In the garden I was playing guitar, I kissed your lips and broke your heart"

Wha....? I always thought it was "In the garden I was playing the tart". Oh this is going to be one of those misheard lyrics now, isn't it?

And yes, this song rocks live!

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Yes, it definitely is "I was playing the tart"...I actually thought the "playing guitar" was a joke at first!
wink.gif

Anyway, that's always been my favourite song off the album - easily!

Originally posted by sharky:
Wha....? I always thought it was "In the garden I was playing the tart". Oh this is going to be one of those misheard lyrics now, isn't it?

And yes, this song rocks live!

Yah, I'm pretty sure that it's "playing the tart", since the song is about Judas and there were no guitars back then
smile.gif

Knowing that it is a song about Judas betraying Jesus makes it so much cooler.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

The amazing thing about U2 is that when you hear them live they make you love songs that you would of otherwise ignored.

Last tour, this happened with Please.

This tour, it has happened with End of the World.

Images of Bono doing the "Electric Shock" moves during the sweet riffs stay firmly implanted in my brain. Eveytime I see a red curtain I just want to charge it like a bull. I think this song brainwashed me!
wink.gif

------------------
"I know that this is not goodbye." -Kite

Oh dang, I absolutely love this song! It always has and always will be one of my favorites! And yeah Crzy, I agree w/ you on the Jesus/Judas thing. After I found out that's what the song is about I was like ohhhh daaamn!! Great song, w/ so much force. Love it.

my first post over here was about that song

*sniff*

sorry, carry on

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom