In Defense!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pjp2771

Babyface
maybe this is the wrong thread for this message but I'm sick of some of the negativity about this album---I've seen Bono being ripped for his "mother of all rock albums" comment-----He's human--what is he supposed to say " it's an ok album we could be better"---he's excited about a great album---this may not be the mother of all rock albums but it is a great U2 record----and U2 is one of the greatest bands of all time bar none---their body of work IS the mother and father of all rock and roll including the Beatles, Stones and please Led Zep is not even close--and I love Led Zep----so appreciate--you are experiencing some of the most brilliant, artistic music ever created----enjoy it--and stop being so critical---these guys are busting their asses to create something fantastic for us and themselves---and they have always delivered--they and we should be proud to have it-----

pjp2771 said:
maybe this is the wrong thread for this message but I'm sick of some of the negativity about this album---I've seen Bono being ripped for his "mother of all rock albums" comment-----He's human--what is he supposed to say " it's an ok album we could be better"---he's excited about a great album---this may not be the mother of all rock albums but it is a great U2 record----and U2 is one of the greatest bands of all time bar none---their body of work IS the mother and father of all rock and roll including the Beatles, Stones and please Led Zep is not even close--and I love Led Zep----so appreciate--you are experiencing some of the most brilliant, artistic music ever created----enjoy it--and stop being so critical---these guys are busting their asses to create something fantastic for us and themselves---and they have always delivered--they and we should be proud to have it-----

Led Zep not even close? Are you smoking something we should all avoid?

Please do not take the brown acid!
The brown acid is bad!

Led Zep is fantastic--one of my favorite bands ever--but I honestly think U2 is much better as a whole body of work----you cannot take any Led Zep album and compare it to JT or AB or War or UF or even HTDAAB and say from start to finish it is better----Led Zep always had 3 or 4 amazing songs on every album and the rest seemed like filler---U2 has a purpose for almost every single song on every album----just an opinion but a strong one!!

pjp2771 said:

just an opinion but a strong one!!

But it is still just your opinion, and if you are allowed yours, why don't you allow others theirs? Does someone else's opinion really alter your enjoyment of U2 (or anyone else's) work? I doubt it...so let others have opinions too.

pjp2771 said:

:up: Right on.

Hey, whoa hold on here. I love, L-O-V-E U2. I have everything they own (well practically) and I think they have ruled 2 decades and are getting a handle on a third, which is unprecedented, but to say Led Zep isn't even close to them...ahem...that's going a little to far in my opinion.

Zep and U2 are two similar and two very different bands. They are 4 piece powerhouses, with singers who could howl to the moon, but honestly Zep was a better group of musicians than U2. This is no slag on any member of U2, but what makes U2 so great is the sum of all the parts, whereas the boys in Zep could all do great things on their own.

However I do agree with you that the naysayers are very vocal, but hell you have to be loud in here if you don't like what you hear on this album. It kicks @$$!!!

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Zep and U2 are two similar and two very different bands. They are 4 piece powerhouses, with singers who could howl to the moon, but honestly Zep was a better group of musicians than U2. This is no slag on any member of U2, but what makes U2 so great is the sum of all the parts, whereas the boys in Zep could all do great things on their own.

Very well said. u2 are my favorite band ever, and I think they are the best ever. But Led is right there behind them, they are amazing!! People think you have to be older to like them, I'm 24 and they are so good. Jimmy Page is one of the greatest guitarists I've ever heard, he is just on another level. "Dazed and Confused" got me into them and its still my fav. song from them. What a Band!!! Robert Plant is a great vocalist too, sometimes his lyrics were a little "mmmm" to me but hes a great frontman.

It's funny because with the similarities between the two, they both were huge acts in their times, and even though most people loved them, a lot of people out there really hated and still hate Led Zeppelin. Same with our boys.

pjp2771 said:
----you cannot take any Led Zep album and compare it to JT or AB or War or UF or even HTDAAB and say from start to finish it is better----Led Zep always had 3 or 4 amazing songs on every album and the rest seemed like filler---U2 has a purpose for almost every single song on every album----just an opinion but a strong one!!

I'll jump in on this one...

I don't know. I think that Houses of the Holy is a balanced album. I don't look at ANY of the songs as filler. Even the Crunge (Where's that confounded bridge?) really grooves. I think that every song counts on that album. More so than Led Zep IV.

However, I respect your strong opinion.

led zeppelin fucking rocks!

jimmy page kicks edges arssssssssssssssssssssss!
led zep are dangerous and u2 are more on the safe side!
(which is ok i think)

I love Led zep...listen to them most days in fact. But when I listen to some of the live versions, some of the songs just seem to drag on, and on....which isn't always bad, but it does lead me to skip them occasionally.
Mind you, Neil Young tends to drag out a lot of his songs when they're live, and I love them!

Back
Top Bottom