In A Little While is growing on me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eazy-V said:
I've always loved it; one of the best songs on the album. I love the riff. I love the words. I love it.

Took the words right out of my mouth, Eazy-V, I'm listening to it right now, FANTASTIC!

I can't really explain why I love this song so much. Some of the lyrics border on sappy, but somehow instead of making me want to throw up they make me go "awwwww!" Maybe it's Bono's voice being so rough around the edges make it work, or maybe it's this beautiful lyrical bit:

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship into the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of light"

I don't like most of the lyrics on ATYCLB but these are some of my favorite U2 lyrics ever.

Bono's shades said:
I can't really explain why I love this song so much.

Maybe it's the beautiful melody? Except for that nice bridge that you quoted, I can't stand most of the lyrics in this song. But that gorgeous melody is to die for! :combust:

:lol:

I've always loved this song, one of my favorites from ATYCLB, and the Las Vegas Vertigo tour live one with Brandon Flowers is so great :drool:

Hee. I've always wondered about that; I know with a lot of Irish/English/Scottish/Welsh singers, their accents tend to disappear (to my ignorant American ears, anyway) when they sing. Bono is not one of those people. His accent isn't nearly as strong as it used to be, but even on more recent U2 material, he sounds... well, not necessarily Irish, but definitely not American. The full-on American "Shirley" pronunciation had me scratching my head.

The first time I ever heard this song and heard Bono's vocals on it I was floored. Love the song.

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom