Important: Free, Fee, or Gone --- Feedback!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please read my post below, then vote on which option you support:

• Shutdown the forum (ultimately, the last resort)

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Charge a mandatory $1.50-2.00 (suggested) per month/per member

Votes: 22 12.1%
  • Have both free and 'Premium' memberships (detailed below)

Votes: 140 76.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
pinkfloyd said:
I agree to subscribe for premium year , but i have a few questions

1) How many members will be here after dec 1 ??????
How many people paid thier part , and will be here ?????

Can you go back and forth about if you want to pay IN YOUR HEAD instead of all over the board please.

How are we supposed to know how many people will be here after December 1st until it gets closer to the December 1st date?

Chrisedge said:

I shoulda known Blue Room would post :wink:

I actually agree with most your post though!
(However quite a bit of stuff is copyrighted that is used here. Pictures, Logos and such are all copyrighted and that is how many bands shutdown fan sites.)

I do think it should be shut down however if it can't be paid for through donations. Offering people perks above normal vBulletin stuff for donating would be OK, but to limit where someone can post or read is stupid. (Offer avatars, special titles, attachments and such to donators)

Elvis, can you post some specific usage reports? Hits/GB transfered/Forum activity?

Hey, you knew I would! ;)

Paying to post on this forum bothered me at first. To me, it is a question of what is ridiculous to charge to post and what is acceptable. Charging $12 for an entire year ($1 a month) is not outrageous at all. By the same token, going back to my original response if a taper is selling a recording and ONLY recouping their cost to buy the CDR and ship then I dont have a problem with that taper charging for it. So I guess my point of view is what is reasonable in either case. If it is reasonable I dont have a problem with it. Now if someone is trying to profit in either case. I have a major problem with it.

Tip Top Prince said:

A recurring, and ugly theme.

I'd be prepared to pay for this place if:

a) The bitching about the band threads were MODERATED (i.e: banned)
b) It hadn't turned into an extended "Friends" coffee shop sofa.
c) What little moderating that does occur, came with some amount of maturity and self control.

Maybe a) will happen.
b) is what the premium section will become.
c) - not likely

Do I get a sarcastic buh-bye now?:eyebrow:

That's what I was thinking! If we have to pay, the bitching should be not only stopped after a fight but controlled before it gets that far. We all know what kind of threads start fights and the subjects have been rehashed endlessly so do a premptive strike before it gets out of hand, and don't say some poor newbie is missing out, I don't buy that. I also think the moderating needs to be more fair to all and more mature. Too many of them, one on PLEBA in particular, seem to enjoy the crap and let it go, especially when it's picking on someone they don't like, like me. I have been flabbergasted to see stuff not only joined in on but even instigated and perpetuated by someone who should be the one to stop it. No matter what your personal feelings or opinions are, if you are the one in control, justice and fairness for everyone should prevail over how much giggly fun it would be to post a pop pic just to try to aggravate gypsy and get her to react so you can laugh. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has been treated with disrespect and unbelievable unfairness. Second grade brat rationale should not be allowed to influence how the board is run, ever. I could go on all day about this but I won't. I think you know what I'm getting at. If we are to pay I would hope everyone would be allowed the same courtesies regardless of what anyone thinks of them or their opinions. Think about it, cops, teachers, bosses, sports officials, etc. they all have personal leanings but you CANNOT let that tamper with your judgement, it's WRONG! Those who have have been fired. That's how it goes. As long as this was a free and private board people may have to eat crap but if we are paying we all deserve the same respect.

The friends thing is true too. Nothing wrong with making and meeting friends, but when groups form that purposely exclude or team up on others or make some people feel less welcome, that is what's wrong. It seems those are the rudest people here.

Might as well get it all out before my sarcastic 'bye bye'

Last edited:
Bad move.. insulting mods.

Nor is it acceptable to not comply with a request to cease undesired forum behavior.

This thread is way past done.

Elvis will be posting a FAQ's soon which will answer all of your questions you have about the membership. Until then feel free to pm me or email me with any urgent questions you may have.

He appreciates everyone's imput and the people that are supporting of himself and this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom