IMHO - everyone here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HTDAAB rocks. u2 are the greatest band ever. All opinions. So I dont care what anyone else thinks, their not my favorite band because their the biggest.

indra said:
Whining is ten times worse than bitching!

If it wasn't for the bitching, there would be no "whining" either. Focus on the cause and not the result.

This thread is to discuss the result.
How and why some other arse's opinion matters a scrap. Why my ranting might bug someone. I dont get it. Let me rant, it'd be me with the negative energy. Let XYZ spew about prices, album art, Adam's cocaine addiction, Bono's tiny weener. Why would it get to anyone? There's something healthy about quietly rolling your eyes and saying "wow, now there's a psycho!" and walking off. Letting XYZ fester and stew and ultimately rot. Jumping in and screaming achieves 2 unbalanced sides. One ranting away like a maniac, or even quietly and intellectually discussing a sticking point (which we all know can turn to WWIII), then the opposition comes in and we have 2 tribes going at it like it fucking matters!

I dont get it.

Talking about the result doesn't mean a thing if you don't understand what caused it.

You know, this happens again and again. I think we know what bothers *insert album name* lovers/haters by now.
But rather than saying "let it go" or "quit whining" to those who get mad, those who deliberately piss off people should be dealt with.

Last edited:
Who said I dont understand it? Repeated threads about whatever topic is what causes half of it. Then insults. Etc. Ive been here long enough, dont underestimate what I am aware of please.

Why it crawls around under people's skins and cause such negative outpourings is a valid question.

I'm not underestimating you.

But I've already talked about what bothers me, in this forum and others, I won't repeat it. You can look it up, you're a premium member.

The real question is what drives those who instigate the arguing.

Perhaps it's just good old fashioned passion? I passionately adore POP. More so than many POP fans even. Truly, it does to me what your favourite probably does to you. But this isn't about POP. It's about why I can never say that (as an example) because someone out there is going to crack a major fucking hissy fit over my opinion. Lets remove the 2 contentious albums from this debate, it would help. It could be any given topic as this most certainly spreads across more than just ATYCLB and POP.

And Maja, there's no need to get patronising.

On vh1 was u2 day couple months ago and my family didn't give me the remote so i didn't watch it. They had to see discovery shit, sorry, channel.
Other people say that u2 is shit, then i ask them what do they listen to: music like you're young, i'm old, our love is ashtray.
Or something like that.
Sooo, i don't care much for others when it comes for u2. But i'm proud that 3 people now listen to u2 because of me.

Angela Harlem said:
Perhaps it's just good old fashioned passion? I passionately adore POP. More so than many POP fans even. Truly, it does to me what your favourite probably does to you. But this isn't about POP. It's about why I can never say that (as an example) because someone out there is going to crack a major fucking hissy fit over my opinion. Lets remove the 2 contentious albums from this debate, it would help. It could be any given topic as this most certainly spreads across more than just ATYCLB and POP.

And Maja, there's no need to get patronising.

Surely, there can be passionate discussions without resorting to low shots and name-calling? (for example Michael Griffiths-type of threads)

In general, there could be more debates like this;
Stick to "I like/dislike this album because of this and this" instead of the usual "this album is crap" attitude. Saying something like "you don't get it" or "only real fans like this" really won't help you make your case, either. I don't really see why "I like this album" thread has to include/become "...and I hate this one". I think some fans have their minds so made up they enter to threads with pre-conceived notions about albums and it's really hard to discuss then.

I don't know why it happes mostly with ATYCLB and POP. I think these two divide the fans the most. :shrug:
I think similar things probably happened among U2 fans before the internet, when AB came out.

:hug: It's not about patronising.
But we had these discussions before and honestly, premium members can look it up and find the reasons. I'd hate to repeat myself.

That said, once more, I posted what bugs me in threads.

Last edited:
There surely can be, it's excatly how it should be always too. Passionate and respectful threads I mean. For some reason it usually drives someone to lowering the class of a thread by reacting so pissy and agressive. More often than not it's about these 2 albums, but it is broadly spread out on almost every aspect of the band. And even topics which aren't about the band, but no one should care too much about the festering little shithole that FYM is :wink: I jest...lol.
Maybe with those albums it's because they're so vastly different? I completely missed the boat on the album with the long name, so I can't speak for why it's passionately loved. But I do understand loving something so much so it's all the same thing. Kinda. Well, I hope the point is clear lol.

I dunno. Mybe it's the safety of the internet which takes down people's inhibitions and so it's used as an opportunity to let some rage out.

Sorry if I misunderstood the patroinising :hug:

Can I just say this is the best forum on the internet, just to be kind and to be completely honest:wink:

Back
Top Bottom