"I'm Your Man" documentary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stonecircle

The Fly
Just caught the Leonard Cohen documentary "I'm Your Man". He's a long time fave of mine. U2 really have the spot of honor at the end of the film. My question: did Cohen choose U2 for the finale, did U2 request this or is Lian Luneson a U2 friend that put them in this spot?

If you haven' t seen this, it is a must!

i saw it last week during the Jakarta International Film Festival. It's quite flat, I must say. It's basically a tribute concert for Cohen interspersed with comments by some of the performers and Edge and Bono.

But I get very little about the man. And it is Cohen himself who, I think, is the best narrator on the film. The other are saying stuff like fans to their idol. I guess I was looking for more about Cohen, so I was disappointed with the film. And if you're unfamiliar with Cohen's work, I suppose you should take some listening to his CDs first before seeing the documentary.

The performances are quite great, though. Edge says just the right words. The Tower of Song performance? Crap. I think it's a lip synch. And I kinda think that Luneson uses the presence of Bono/Edge just to draw an audience, hence use their duet as a finale....

Back
Top Bottom