Im sorry, but after listening, they sound better live.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Im talking Daddy Gonna Pay For and Lemon......................I dont know, they sound fine on the album but perhaps more 'pumped up' when played live..............even though it was only tru Zoo era.....................

anyone else agree?

I prefer the album version of "Lemon", but I'm with you on "Daddy's Gonna Pay...". I initially dismissed that song as too flat and boring when I listened to Zooropa, but Mr. McPhisto surely breathed life into it!
smile.gif

WOW! I was just listening to Daddy`s gonna pay live from sydney and i come across this thread.
I totally agree with you it`s much better live. When it first come out i was watching it 24 hours 7.

I completely agree.

To me everything from Zooropa sounds better on the Sydney video than on the record, especially Daddy's Gonna Pay and Dirty Day.

That's a commone pattern with them isn't it? The songs get better as they play them live. In an interview one of the guys (Edge I think) mentioned that their producers once said that they ought to tour with songs before they record them
biggrin.gif

Lemon, for me, sounds better on the album, but I've never really heard it live (being in a concert), so I wouldn't know. As for Crashed Car, it does sound nicer live. I can just imagine how it would be if I was there in one of the Zoo TV shows. In fairness to the album version, it's one of the best in Zooropa. Larry Boy's drums just rock!!!

I love both versions, but the live Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car is absolutely wonderful. I wish I had seen ZooTV..
frown.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by u2utah:
I completely agree.

That's a commone pattern with them isn't it? The songs get better as they play them live. In an interview one of the guys (Edge I think) mentioned that their producers once said that they ought to tour with songs before they record them
biggrin.gif

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

Back
Top Bottom