I'm Single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starsforu2

Refugee
Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogir
but that's not important right now. I just needed a headline so that I could start my own post and ask a question that I've had for over 7 years.
Back during the heady Wire days of 1997, I always wondered if anyone had met and become married because of their mutual U2 love.
So, does anyone know of any couples who met and fell in love (and married) because of U2?

Meeting on-line, meeting at a concert, record show, pen-pal, propaganda, it all counts.

Or is it simply to much to have two U2 lovers in the same family?Or perhaps the U2 link is only a very small part of us, and therefore it isn't strong enough alone to bind two together.

Or maybe this is an escape from the real world?

I recall a couple - whom I met - who were avid WIRE posters. And they were married. The husband looked very much like Edge (circa 1992 - although he was not follicley-challenged :wink: ). I'm not sure what happened to that couple though...

I don't know if we're thinking about the same people, but I remember a couple I've met at one of the Montreal Elevation shows, and the guy looked so much like The Edge, it was almost creepy! He knew it and dressed like him too... Everyone was taking pictures with him!

I've met many couples at U2 shows, but I don't know if any of them met *because* of U2. I'm sure there are some out there.

me and my high school/early university years boyfriend were both *serious* u2 fans. we had an amazing relationship, and an amazing connection with the music for three great years. we met through a mutual good friend, and our u2 obsession was our first obvious connection. the first thing he ever gave me (before we hooked up) was 'october', because it was the only one i didn't have at the time. unfortunately, we're not still together, but he was one of the most amazing people i've ever met, and it was the best relationship i've been in. (and, yeah, he wasn't threatened by my bono obsession, either. :wink:)

anyhoo, i'm sure there are a few couples around here... mullen girl is the first one who comes to mind, i think she met her honey over in pleba....

oceane said:
I don't know if we're thinking about the same people, but I remember a couple I've met at one of the Montreal Elevation shows, and the guy looked so much like The Edge, it was almost creepy! He knew it and dressed like him too... Everyone was taking pictures with him!

I've met many couples at U2 shows, but I don't know if any of them met *because* of U2. I'm sure there are some out there.

LMAO! That would be and my husband you are referring to. I can post a pic when I get home from that show.

We were introduced when I was 19 by a mutual friend for the sole reason that he looked like Edge (but at the time more like a circa 1983 Edge! LOL!) and of course I was an Edge fanatic (still am). Thus my name, Mrs. Edge.

Unfortunately, he and I are getting divorced. We simply married too young. However, he and I are still the best of friends and we are both involved with a wonderful U2 tribute band, he as lighting/tech guy, me as belly dancer. (www.u2tributeband.com)

Meanwhile, I met cydewaze on this Board and we fell in love. I am going to live with him in the US in a matter of 2 months! I know of several other couples who met on here, it's a great non-pressured way to meet other like minded people.

:)

Last edited:
Elfyx meet Starsgoblue. Starsgoblue meet Elfyx. :hug:

Who'd thunk that I'd be a matchmaker, now I just have to find me a U2 fan girlfriend as well... Hello future U2 fan girlfriend :wave: Whoever you are.

One question. Do you sell your duplicate U2 Cd's or hold onto them so there is no fighting over them?

Does the size of your U2 collection matter, or is it about the quality? *ahem* Ladies I have quite the large COL-LEC-TION. :yes:

Last edited:
Mrs Edge, great story! Sad Ending :sad: , Happy new Beginning :happy:
I hope that we get to meet other u2 fans during the touring season next year. I know I plan to be out and about in different parts of the country to see shows so it would be really cool to meet people like I did during the Pop Mart Tour. Looking forward to meeting U2 fans in the VA/DC area as well.
I also kept hoping over the years to bring Mrs. StarsforU2 to see U2 in concert. The one's I did take over the last 12 years have loved me for bringing them, but alas not enough. :sad: Seriously, I love hearing about how others have found what they are looking for. :applaud:

aaaah no fair
i want a u2 boyfriend too but you guys all seem to be in america :(
oh hang on... a thought is forming... can anyone here say "green card".. :lol:

Mrs. Edge said:

LMAO! That would be and my husband you are referring to. I can post a pic when I get home from that show.

:)

The couple I was thinking about in my above post may not be you - not sure. Her name is Karen (I forget his name). They had a baby and as a result of the child, spent FAR less time online (WIRE).

The couple I was thinking about in my above post may not be you - not sure. Her name is Karen (I forget his name). They had a baby and as a result of the child, spent FAR less time online (WIRE).

That was Karen and Mike! I knew them!, they live in Albany, NY. They were the creators of the Wire banner that was stolen and is in some Dude's basement somewhere (Give me back my autograph, you a@#!!!)
Anyway, I think that there U2 love developed after marriage, I think her first love was Springsteen. Great folks!

starsforu2 said:
Green Card. Now when I do get my trip to England? Hmmm :hmm: I haven't been across the pond, looking for an excuse...

sounds like a fair deal to me... let me know when you book your flight :lol:

interference should set up a dating forum :happy:

There aren't any U2 girls in Nashville. I even have a U2 sounding band and the girls just don't care. Such a waste!

James U2 said:

are you listening, MODS???

There was a forum called Lovetown earlier this year for that very purpose. It was pretty much a ghost town so they got rid of it.

I guess when push comes to shove most of us single U2 fans dont like to put ourselves out there at that level. Its tough though, most of us dont live in the same areas and meeting up or having that type of a connection would be hard.

I admit it would be cool to meet a girl where the chemistry was there AND they were into U2! WOW ;)

I sure hope the U2 babes don't leave the country :ohmy:
That would be bad. BTW, Starsgoblue, I was in your neighborhood 3 or 4 times this summer. Business trips and relatives. Spent most of my time in the Dublin-Granville Area. At least it made me THINK of U2 while I was there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom