I'm Single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
paulrg said:

But Bono is only 5'8" or something. I'm halfway between him and perfect kissing height - 5'10.:flirt:

really? i though he was way shorter than that???
i'm only 5'5" so anything above that is just fine for me!

I am a single U2 fan as well... Its hard to meet someone who is as crazy about U2's music as I am.. Most guys just don't understand.

There really should be a U2 singles group... !

I met my darling wife through the pen-pal section of the U2 Firework magazine in the late 80's.

She is the love of my life. :hug:

starsforu2 said:
You so sweet! :flirt:

Well, thanks... :flirt:

Btw, it's not that you can actually see very much of me in those pics because of my helmet and the goggles - plus the additional layers of clothes makes me look like the Michelin-man! :laugh:

...but they will have to do until monday - I just don't hope I look too stupid in my new pics... :shifty:

starsforu2 said:
I went over to PLEBA and lost over 20 minutes of my life! :help:

:lol: Well, PLEBA can be quite... interesting! :wink:

starsforu2 said:
If HQ is your home, then Kite lyrics may be apropos. I'm wondering if this is the tour that I finally cart my butt over to Dublin to see a show. Wishing and hoping!!

Oh, if only HQ was my home! :sigh: I would just looove to have the chance to get a ride with one of the guys in their nice cars... especially the Maserati! :drool:

Yeah, seeing a U2 show in Dublin must be extraordinary! :dance:

uwwedoogie said:
If there is any U2 female fans come my way

*looks at 'location'*

Ohh, Cork! :ohmy: :D

Before we all jump on the next available flight to Ireland, just tell us a little about yourself... :flirt:

oceane said:

Well, hello Mrs. Edge! :wave:

That's definately you guys I was talking about! I was right beside you in the GA line for the Montreal show in October. I remember chatting with you a bit.

:wave: Hi again! Perhaps we'll all see each other in line again at the next tour. Even though I'm moving to MD, I will be seeing U2 in Canada as much as I can. That show was so LOUD!! It was awesome. :)

BTW, my ex and I will still be seeing U2 together when we can, this is the great thing about remaining good friends.

:lmao: I had a horrible date just last night and it occured to me how important it is for me to be with someone who likes U2, or is atleast willing to be converted.

Here are a couple pics of me:

emilyt.jpg

athens6.jpg

Single, 22, live in northern VA, 5'1

10. Your date refused to pay for your bus token and he didn't even let you sit by the window!

9. When he asked you if you wanted to do something different on your first date, you never imagined it would be an extensive fungus tour of the city!

8. Things were ok until he tried to use an ATM and a SWAT team appeared out of nowhere!

7. While at the movies he tried to impress you by eating popcorn with his toes!

6. She is the first women you've dated who uses mustache wax to good effect!

5. When you open the door, the second thing you noticed is the number 666 tattooed on his forehead!

4. Before tonight, you have never seen anyone suck spaghetti up their nose!

3. Unbeknownst to you, one of the conditions of the date was that her parole officer chaperone!

2. The five tattoos spelling Barb, Bertha, Brenda, Beatrice and Betty that are scratched on his forearm startled you--especially when your name is Bonnie!

And the number one sign that you are on a bad date is:

1. Two words--pierced eyelids!

I had a horrible date just last night and it occured to me how important it is for me to be with someone who likes U2, or is atleast willing to be converted.

Sorry about your date :sad: But I think it would be cool to get together with a number of single (and non-single) Northern VA, MD and DC residents. At least it would give an opportunity to see if the Spark can set the Flame.

I'm thinking that a HTDAAB Listening Party would be great, but it might be too close to Thanksgiving. :(

Oh, and I agree with Starsgoblue's assessment. Great Pictures! :cute:

Here's my spam reply to all of the stuff I missed this morning, while trying to actually do some work!

Sharky, love that you and hawk met at a U2 show. I actually danced with a girl at the 8/16/92 show, and she gave me the rose that was destined for Bono, but she couldn't get to him. I held her during Love is Blindness. (I'm trying to get a hold of that video to see if I'm in there at all. 6th row right side of the catwalk) I asked for her phone number, but alas, she said she could not give it to me. If she gave me her name, I don't remember it.

I'll repeat, Men need to send up there pix. Don't be shy. Don't let Pride get in the way. Show them what you got! Make the women :drool: *Shhh* More of the women might post pictures if they see yours. :yes:

I like reading this
I met my darling wife through the pen-pal section of the U2 Firework magazine in the late 80's.

...but they will have to do until monday - I just don't hope I look too stupid in my new pics...

If you're smile is present, I'm sure that you're pictures on Monday will be smoking! :sexywink:

BTW, my ex and I will still be seeing U2 together when we can, this is the great thing about remaining good friends.

Your ex must be the coolest cat in the world. I couldn't do it. :applaud:

In general, I think it's funny that the strength of flirtation is inversely proportional to the distance between the two flirts. :flirt: It can be scary, if it's real. Let's be brave. :hug:

starsforu2 said:

Sorry about your date :sad: But I think it would be cool to get together with a number of single (and non-single) Northern VA, MD and DC residents. At least it would give an opportunity to see if the Spark can set the Flame.

I'm thinking that a HTDAAB Listening Party would be great, but it might be too close to Thanksgiving. :(

I've met another girl from the area and it was a lot of fun. If nothing else, we can all talk about the music. A listening party would be fun, but you're right, too close to Thanksgiving. I don't think I'll be in town. It think it would also be fun to met at a show or something. I'd love to go to a concert with another die-hard fan.

BTW, nice pic of you. :wink:

I wish I had someone special to listen to the album for the first time with.... :sigh:

I can't listen to it with any of my friends because they don't share my obsession and they would talk during the 1st listen of HTDAAB (blasphemy!) and subsequently be beaten without mercy.

mofo82 said:
mofo82 stands a handsome 6'1'', dark hair (now sporting a pop chop :) and hits all the notes (even the falsetto on Lemon- a real man can hit falsetto :wink: )

show pictures... NOW!
:wink:

starsforu2 said:

ooh, i wanna go to a party! especially if start4u2 is holding it :cute:
stupid england on other side of ocean :grumpy:

starsgoblue said:
I can't listen to it with any of my friends because they don't share my obsession and they would talk during the 1st listen of HTDAAB (blasphemy!) and subsequently be beaten without mercy.

Ah yes the sign of a true U2 fan. I don't think you have achieved that status until you have threatened physical harm to someone talking while the boys are playin' :laugh:

Last edited:
drivemytrabant said:

Ah yes the sign of a true U2 fan. I don't think you have achieved that status until you have threatened physical harm to someone talking while the boys are playin' :laugh:

It's like that Seinfield episode where Elaine is dating this guy who becomes incapable of doing anything other than staring into the distance when Witchy Woman comes on.

I have already made it perfectly clear to my roomates to not even think of coming into my room on November 23rd....the rules have been laid out, if they choice to break them there will be severe repurcussions for thier actions. :evil:

:laugh:

Last edited:
digsy said:
ooh, i wanna go to a party! especially if start4u2 is holding it :cute:
stupid england on other side of ocean :grumpy:

Anybody up for a European get-together?! :wink:

I've head of a nice little place called 'The Clarence' in Dublin - I'm sure they wouldn't mind hosting a HTDAAB Listening Party... :D

starsforu2 said:
If you're smile is present, I'm sure that you're pictures on Monday will be smoking! :sexywink:

Well, I think I can almost guarantee that I'm smiling in at least of one the pics... :flirt:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom