I'm re-proclaiming my love of the band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlit_Angel said:
Guys who show their feelings are cool. :D.

:yes: Definitely! I'll take a sensitive, sensible man over some macho poser anyday!

Moonlit_Angel said:
I don't blame you, when I saw him singing "Kite" at that show when they aired a bit of it on VH1 Classic, and he dedicated it to his dad, I was like this: :sad:... I felt so bad for him.

Same here. My eyes were watering, too, when I saw there were definitely tears mixed with the sweat on his face during "Kite" on the Slane DVD. :sad: I truly belive "Kite" is one of the most beautiful, poignant songs ever written.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
My name is Shannon (yeah i know it's usually a girl's name and i'm a guy... shut up and leave me alone i didn't name myself :madspit:) and I'm a U2 fan. I do not care if they don't release another album as long as I live. I still love the band for what they've already done. If this news of an album delay till the winter is true, so be it. I'm disapointed, but I'll wait, like any true blue U2 fan would. I may make comments regarding dodgy mullets or resceding hairlines from time to time, but it's all in good fun. There is nothing the 4 of them could do, short of kicking my mother down a flight of stairs, that would end my love of the band. I may not be happy with all they do all of the time, but damn it, they're the best damn band in the world, and they've brought so much to my life that they're allowed to piss me off now and then. They're like an extended family that I'll probably never get to meet. My friends may think I'm wacko, but I don't really care. They just don't understand.

Join me... interference members new and old... re-proclaim your love for this band... no matter how long they make us wait :wink:

great thread...my feelings exactly.

i've been a u2 fan since i was 12 years old, now 32. sometimes im burnt out on them, and then there was last night...when i watched a u2 vcd from 11/18/87...i was at that show. i became emotional as i sat there and wished that i could relive that night all over again. instead...i'll reproclaim my love for u2.

i'll wait for as long as it takes for them to release their new album. i've got the others to listen to.

Sue DeNym said:
:yes: Definitely! I'll take a sensitive, sensible man over some macho poser anyday!

Exactly. :D. Yay for the sensitive men! I don't know why guys don't realize we girls like sensitivity, flaming june. Guys who think they're all it do not impress me in the least.

Originally posted by Sue DeNym
Same here. My eyes were watering, too, when I saw there were definitely tears mixed with the sweat on his face during "Kite" on the Slane DVD. :sad: I truly belive "Kite" is one of the most beautiful, poignant songs ever written.

Mmhm. I was already teary-eyed watching that, and then, when he got to the part where he repeated the word "goodbye", after the last time he repeated that word, it sounded like his voice was cracking a little, and that did it for me. Tears galore. I just wanted to give him a hug or something.

That song is such a heartbreaking one. That's the best word I can think of to describe it. But I love it.

Angela

I only just came to this board, but have heard about it for years.

I have been a huge U2 fan for about 24 years now. I remember the first time I heard of them, and saw them on the tube. It took me three years till I finally got to see them live. Ever since then I have been hooked.

I didn't know then that I would grow with the band. I have to say that there are very few songwriters out there whose lyrics move me the way Bono's does. I can't see me ever stop being a U2 fan. Yes they have released music I don't like( We won't go there though) For most part I love their songs. I don't mind waiting cause I know when they do release new material it will be amazing and the tour will be on of the best of the year.

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:
Guys who show their feelings are cool. :D.

So we're not such a bad thing after all? Hooray!

I don't blame you, when I saw him singing "Kite" at that show when they aired a bit of it on VH1 Classic, and he dedicated it to his dad, I was like this: :sad:... I felt so bad for him.

Any performance of Kite can bring me close to tears. It's one of the most beautiful songs. The Slane performance truly is moving.

flaming june said:
I think so too... why don't guys realize us girls love that?

Because we have other guys to prove our superiority over ... or something like that. I've never really understood it and don't care to.

Axver said:
So we're not such a bad thing after all? Hooray!

Not bad at all. :). We need more guys like you in this world.

Originally posted by Axver
Any performance of Kite can bring me close to tears. It's one of the most beautiful songs. The Slane performance truly is moving.

:yes: :up:.

Because we have other guys to prove our superiority over ... or something like that.

Bah. Why that's so important to some guys, I will never know. The macho, superiority complex really doesn't impress me, and it doesn't seem to impress a couple other girls here, too. Some guys would do well to realize this.

I've never really understood it and don't care to.

Ditto.

Also, welcome to the boards, ultraviolet221. :wave:.

Angela

U2 have been part of my musical memories for the past 23 years. Whenever they come out with an album, I buy it?it's automatic with me, no questions asked. I know that album will have great music on it, for this is a quality band.

I've had a few favorite bands in the years since I first heard U2. The Clash, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Oasis...there were times that I would have named any of them as being more important to me. But two years ago, I realized that U2 was THE constant band, the band whose music I turned to more than any other, time and time again, and "Achtung Baby" would always be in a tie with "London Calling" as my favorite album.

Bono is a force of nature, a magnificent creature who has made this world a better place just by being in it, let alone his charity efforts. His bandmates seem like good guys in their own right, although Larry's atttitude towards the fans could use a bit of a readjustment! You don't have to cringe when you admit U2 is your favorite band?they appear to be good people as well as fabulous musicians.

U2 releases an album?I buy that album. U2 goes on tour?I try to go see them, as long as life doesn't get in the way as it did during the POPMART tour.

Whenever the album is released, it is released and us U2 fans will rejoice and happily debate its merits. Until that happy day, I remain a loyal, loving fan.

I'll be the first to admit that my level of fanship (is that a word?) for U2 has decreased greatly in the last few years, but I still cannot call any other band my favorite in good conscience.

While I may not listen to them as much as I used to, or hardly ever anymore, their music still and will always hold a special place in my collection. Though I may often act otherwise here on these boards, I am indeed still a huge U2 fan.

Here's to U2, thanks for the music and the memories. I can only hope they'll continue. :up:

Thanks to this thread I'm going to go listen to some U2.

Would like to re-affirm my repect for U2 and love for their music by briefly mentioning the genius of 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Out Of Control, Gloria, New Years Day, Drowning Man, 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, With or Without You, Running To Stand Still, Exit,Spanish Eyes, Van Diemans Land, Heartland, All I Want Is You, Rattle And Hum The Movie, One, Until The End of the world, Whos's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, so Cruel, The Fly, Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World, Ultraviolet, Salome, Mysterious ways(perfecto mix), Lady With The Spinning Head(ext dance mix) Lemon, Stay, Stay(underdog mix) The First Time, The Wanderer, Slug, Your Blue Room, Do You Feel Loved, Mofo, If God Will Send His Angels(single version) Slow dancing(if god b side), Guitar solo on Velvet Dress, Please (live at 97 MTV awards) Wake Up Dead Man, Popmart 97 At Leeds Roundhay Park, Stateless, Falling At Your Feet, Ground Beneath her feet, Beautiful Day, when I look At the world, Walk on (Godrich Mix) Elevation tour Manchester & Birmingham 2001, and the new album.
I promised I'd be brief so thanks also U2 for suggesting i check out Johny Cash, The Longpigs, The Velvets, Lou Reed and anything by Wim Wenders, Phil Joanou, Anton Corbijn, Salman Rushdie, Howie B, eno, Lanois , Flood, Dj Shadow.
And finally for the purpose of brevity, thanks for bigging up the Aids crisis, M L K, Mohammed Ali, Dodgy American forign policy, and a former French president who you described as a c***
DAMN I LOVE THIS BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit, forgot Electrical Storm and best of DVD and any other U2 related DVD

TiaraGurl said:
My name is Eve and I am and will always be a U2 fan. I have many things to keep me busy while waiting.

headache aka Shannon and I can further scheme on the NYC area interference blowout when the tour finally does arrive whenever it masy be...

:up: indeed we shall...

and on the subject... shall you be making the trip to flannery's this friday for the unforgettable fire? eh? eh? eh?

I made the HUGE mistake of walking away from U2 in the early 90's-Zoo era. I thought that that had really sold out & lost their spiritual grounding. It's only been in the last year that I realized how much I missed them & thought I might just check out some of their stuff again. When I finally opened my mind & heart up to them again, I realized that I had been a complete idiot-judging them immediately by appearance without listening to what they were *really* saying. As I watched Zoo TV, Achtung Baby & Slane, tears streamed down my face the whole time...how could I have ever doubted them?! The depth, the passion, the spirituality- all the things that had made me fall in love with them during the Joshua Tree/R&H era-it was all still there...at least as strong-maybe even stronger than before. All I can say is forgive me for being so stupid & thank you for renewing my faith when I thought it was gone forever. U2 will never know how much they have meant to me-how much they've helped me to grow spiritually. I'm a better person today because of them.

Now-regarding sensitive guys-ask any woman in this forum & probably 98% of them will tell you that that's one of the things we LOVE the most about U2-they're all such kind, sensitive guys who aren't afraid of showing their emotions or how much they care about each other! Sensitive guys are GREAT!!!
:yes:

julie

Edgespet said:
Now-regarding sensitive guys-ask any woman in this forum & probably 98% of them will tell you that that's one of the things we LOVE the most about U2-they're all such kind, sensitive guys who aren't afraid of showing their emotions or how much they care about each other! Sensitive guys are GREAT!!!
:yes:

julie

:yes:. Exactly!

Angela

welcome home Edgespet.

a lot of friends of mine did the same after rattle and hum... ...and so they lost the big time when U2 changed from great band to a legendary one.

The 90's U2 make me think of the words:

"never judge a book by its cover"

and regarding "Pop" I'd add:

"never judge a record by its title" since it contains some of the most touching and beautiful lyrics by Bono!!!

Edgespet said:
I made the HUGE mistake of walking away from U2 in the early 90's-Zoo era. I thought that that had really sold out & lost their spiritual grounding. It's only been in the last year that I realized how much I missed them & thought I might just check out some of their stuff again. When I finally opened my mind & heart up to them again, I realized that I had been a complete idiot-judging them immediately by appearance without listening to what they were *really* saying.

I did that, too. When I heard lyrics like, "I have cursed thy rod and staff / They no longer comfort me," I was like :uhoh: ! And then seeing Bono strutting around, puffing away on cigars and all that...I figured I'd better back away from them for a while and see if they came back to their faith.

And it turned out, they never left it. Just looked at it from a different perspective. I felt rather dumb. :reject: Sorry, I'm just one of those people who tends to take things very literally. But I am glad they didn't reject their beliefs; that's what makes them so unique.

Been a huge fan since grammar school. They can do no wrong in my eyes and I will never leave them. I'd prefer an album every 2 years but I guess I am greedy.

Back
Top Bottom