I'm Not Your Baby versus Electrical Storm- Which do you like better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
I was going through some of my CDs and listened to that song again. I remember liking it a lot when I first heard it. It was a pretty good mid tempo rock song of the POp era. That got me thinking of Electrical Storm- a mid tempo rocker for the ATYCLB era.

I have to say "I'm Not Your Baby" is much better than Electrical Storm even with Sinead singing the lead.

What do you all think?

"I'm Not Your Baby" is a cool song, but "Electrical Storm" is another classic hit from the Dublin boys.

well, i've never heard i'm not your baby.

but i liked electrical storm quite a bit.

I really like "I'm Not Your Baby"...but, for me, it doesn't even come close to being better than "Electrical Storm".

Flying FuManchu said:
[B
I have to say "I'm Not Your Baby" is much better than Electrical Storm even with Sinead singing the lead.
What do you all think? [/B]
I love Sinead O'Connor and her beautiful singing voice, so I was delighted to hear her work with U2. I also love birds, another nie thing about INYB. BUT........I prefer Electrical Storm. It's delicate and brutal at the same time, very U2:)

Electrical Storm VS I?m Not Your Baby. A very good face-off. I think I?ll go with I?m Not Your Baby ? a lyrical edge. Imagine I?m Not Your Baby on POP? I never thought of this before. How about it on ATYCLB? (The opening lines are ATYCLB-like: ?It's a beautiful day today. Everything is going my way.?) I can see I?m Not Your Baby and New York going / flowing well together since they share a similar ?soundscape? (very quiet verses followed by loud booming choruses). In fact ? Electrical Storm sets up I?m Not Your Baby quite well in that they both deal with a relationship in tension and struggle. And then followed by the running off to New York in attempt to escape from the relationship crisis and the ?mid-life crisis.?

Last edited:
Hey!
Im new btw (im sure there's an introduce yourself thread round here somewhere yeah, so ill post there later), iv been visiting here for about absolutely ages, but iv never bothered registering. Idiot I know!
But what made me do it was this thread. Iv got 'Im not your baby' as a b-side on the 'Please' single...but there's no lyrics in it. It's just instumental? I know there are lyrics cos iv read em'! I consider myself a HUGE U2 fan, and have done for years, but this one little song seems to have escaped me. Well, the 'Vocal' version anyway. Any help would be cool....:|

Aardvark747 said:
Hey!
Im new btw (im sure there's an introduce yourself thread round here somewhere yeah, so ill post there later), iv been visiting here for about absolutely ages, but iv never bothered registering. Idiot I know!
But what made me do it was this thread. Iv got 'Im not your baby' as a b-side on the 'Please' single...but there's no lyrics in it. It's just instumental? I know there are lyrics cos iv read em'! I consider myself a HUGE U2 fan, and have done for years, but this one little song seems to have escaped me. Well, the 'Vocal' version anyway. Any help would be cool....:|

Hello and welcome to the forum! :wave:

As for the 'vocal' version, it was released on the soundtrack to The End Of Violence. There are 2 soundtracks to that movie, actually. One is the score by Ry Cooder (supposedly also great) and another one has songs (and a bit of dialogue) used in the movie. It's a great soundtrack and not just for the U2/Sin?ad O'Connor song. There are also tracks on it from Whiskeytown, DJ Shadow, Vic Chesnutt/Michael Stipe, Tom Waits and Roy Orbison. You should definately check it out.

C ya!

Marty

I've been thinking about this for a while. And I think I'm gonna have to go with I'm Not Your Baby, much to my own surprise.

"I'm Not Your Baby"--great groove, great lyric (much better than "heavy as a truck... =)), the build up of tension to the chorus
...amazingly unique performance (U2-wise); one of my favorite songs...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom