I'm Not Your Baby Apprecation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
I just listened to this song, and it's freakin' smurf!

I'm usually not a fan of Sinead O'Conner, but she does a great job on this song, and of course the guy's are on fire with this...

Awesome Pop Era song! Underrated!!!

:rockon: Yes it is, but the song wasn´t made for U2. It was for Sinead O´Connor. But great sound nonetheless.
Listen to "Once in a lifetime" sung by Bono and M.Clannad.
The girl singer is Enya. That song is also beautiful with haunting melodies. Too bad it ain´t a U2 song either. Check it out :up:

Max_theHitman said:
:rockon: Yes it is, but the song wasn´t made for U2. It was for Sinead O´Connor. But great sound nonetheless.
The girl singer is Enya. That song is also beautiful with haunting melodies. Too bad it ain´t a U2 song either. Check it out :up:

I love "In a Lifetime", Bono's voice at it absolute peak

Once in a Lifetime is a Talking Heads song, lol :wink:

I'm not your baby the skyplitter dub mix was far superior than the vocal version with Shithead O'Connors awful voice init. What say u?:wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

You may not agree with her politics or whatever, but how can anyone say she has an awful voice?

Yep I can and just did, screeching awful crap vocal. But as I said before I find the Sky Splitter Dub Mix waaaaaaaaaaay better. Anyone agree about the different mix version. It is a more interesting version, great drums, bass and guitar sound. When U2 were striving to sound a bit different unlike the mediocre stuff they churn out nowadays!:wink:

Max_theHitman said:
:rockon:

In a Lifetime. Sung by Bono and Maire Brennan. Enya is her sister.

I didn't realise it wasn't actually a U2 song before this thread. I always assumed it was like Robbie and Kylie sharing 'Kids' even though Robbie's team wrote it :p

I likes anyway.

Bono is so great in this song, growly and gorgeous. And the song's sound is terrific, plus it was written to help end violence against women. :up:

Also another fav of mine: "Hallelujah" by Bono, covering Leonard Cohen's song. That's just incredible. I'll be forever in Cohen's debt for writing those lyrics!

I absolutely adore this song! :drool: :heart:

*checks my iPod*

Ack! I never put it on! :( And now I wanna hear it! :mad:

I'll have to grab it off the CD tonight.

oliveu2cm said:
plus it was written to help end violence against women. :up:

:eyebrow: It's found on the 'End of Violence' soundtrack, but that movie didn't have anything to do with violence against women. Does it appear somewhere else?

Yes, I love this song. It has a very particular feeling to it. Great oroduction. I love Sinead's voice in it. Some great lyrics too. I wish Bono would sing a snippet of it in Bad or some other song. That would be cool.

A top class song. It should have been on Pop. It's funny cos I remember reading a Propaganda interview with the band a few years ago and they each were asked what track they'd put on the next best of (1990-2000) and either Larry or Adam said 'I'm Not Your Baby'. Perhaps taking the Michael, but what a great track. I'm split between the Skysplitter Dub and the vocal version. I think the arrangement on the Dub might be a bit better, but the vocals are great. Plus, I definitely think this is a U2 song rather than one written solely for Sinead O'Connor. Very Howie B inspired too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom