"I'm gonna open a cresh"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
A cookie for the first one who knows where this is from!!!!!

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

you mean a creche???

confused.gif

i don't know how to spell it. just sounded it out i guess

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

anyone know the answer???? a cookie is waiting for the winner

------------------

Bono, NYC3 although I heard he used that line in several cities. On a related note, I had a dream Bono and Larry did indeed open a day care center near my apartment in Brooklyn. It was weird, kids.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

At MSG 27/10

Bono said they were gonna do a residency as they loved NY so much - Larry was gonna do security, (can't remember what adam and edge were gonna do) then he said he would open a creche, and then the audience in the heart told him to call it day care... so he said day care for part time rock stars (or something similar)...and was smiling at Arun V at the time in the heart who was the part time rockstar from Hamilton...

[This message has been edited by zoomerang II (edited 11-09-2001).]

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
At MSG 27/10

Bono said they were gonna do a residency as they loved NY so much - Larry was gonna do security, (can't remember what adam and edge were gonna do) then he said he would open a creche, and then the audience in the heart told him to call it day care... so he said day care for part time rock stars (or something similar)...and was smiling at Arun V at the time in the heart who was the part time rockstar from Hamilton...

I think Adam was going to do security. Edge was doing maintenance since right at that point, his guitar seemed to need a bit of maintenance.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

[This message has been edited by sharky (edited 11-09-2001).]

larry ..security
edge...maintenance
Adam ...work nights
Bono..teach arun how to be a rock star.

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
At MSG 27/10

[This message has been edited by zoomerang II (edited 11-09-2001).]

He said virtually the same thing in Chicago on Oct. 16th. Bono said Edge could open a corner grocery but after a dirty look from Edge he ammended it to hardware store. He said Larry could do security. And then Adam whispered something into Bono's ear and Bono said "Adam says he could be Larry's bodyguard." Then the whole bit about the creche, except no one knew what a creche was and so he tries to explain by saying "you put kids there..." Finally someone yells out "day-care!" and thus complete miscommunication was averted. I find it amusing that he used the creche line again in New York, even though he knew from the Chicago show that few Americans actually know what a creche is. Oh well. That's our Bono.

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

Back
Top Bottom