I'm Disappointed In Everything U2 Has Ever Done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
strannix said:
I've got a vision from 2011:

"I'm disappointed by the new U2 album, I Sure Do Love Jesus, Most of the Time. We waited 7 years for this? Whatever happened to the timelessness of HTDAAB ...."

Great one! I love that title!

:lmao:

and a prediction from 2020:

"I am a little disapointed in the new U2 album "We were fools in the 90's"... I miss the glorious R&B sounds from "I Sure Do Love Jesus, Most of the Time"... I can't believe we waited nine years for this filth

this seriously had me rolling on the floor. the only thing you forgot was:

"omfg!!11 i hait da albim becuz dey didnt inclood da lirics!111"

If U2 took every criticism to heart, they would have broken up 20 years ago. There will always be critics. There will always be people who don't like you. There will always be negativity.

You can't please everyone.

Some people ask, why didn't they put Native Son on the album instead of Vertigo?

Because they didn't want to piss off the people who like Vertigo better?

No.

It's because THEY liked Vertigo better. That's my take on it.

You forgot Passengers. (Oh my God! I remember when U2 actually put their name on their own records! etc)

Interesting that only one person got upset by this harmless piece of fun...

amniar said:
You forgot Passengers. (Oh my God! I remember when U2 actually put their name on their own records! etc)

Interesting that only one person got upset by this harmless piece of fun...

Basically, I thought that their main albums are the ones that can be easily compared, so I intentionally skipped Passengers, as well as the greatest hits and live albums, etc.

Too funny! :up:

It makes light of the fact that no one could ever make the perfect album that everyone would love

man this thread makes me question whether or not i am a real fan just because i actually enjoy the new album!

oh well.

What I find appalling in this forum now is how so many just put their opinion down as fact. It's all subjective people. What I like and you don't doesn't mean I'm right and your wrong or the other way around. Too many people come on this board and get all up in arms about how they feel about this album. It's nice to get your feelings off your chests, but remember this is a FAN site, and if you post a negative thread there will be a lot of other fans who will fight you tooth and nail here.

I don't appreciate the posters who come here and call those who love this album "sheep" or "blind followers" that is disrespectful and inflammatory. If you do post in such a manner, don't be surprised when other users hammer you for your opinion. My guess (it's only a guess) is that most of the negative posters are fans who came around during the AB/Zooropa/Pop era. That makes you long time fans, but that is not the "definitive" U2 era. There is no "definitive" era. All eras of U2 mean something different to each listener.

While I've been a fan since the early 80's I have enjoyed each era that U2 has taken me through. I rank AB as my favorite U2 album (what a punch in the mouth at the time), but Zooropa and Pop left me a little. I'll be honest I like a classic guitar sound, and the new album gives me that and more. But I love parts of Zooropa and Pop as much as I love songs from UF/JT and AB.

Too each his own. I have no problem if some or a lot of people don't like this album, I am enjoying it without shame.

There's actually a lot of reasoning and thought that's gone into your original post Mark....

Are you sure you're not REALLY dissapointed with all the band has produced?:eyebrow:

:wink:

Actually, some of it was what I've felt at times, and all of it are from comments I've read from one place or another over the years. The point is....well, I think you got the point. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom